Royal Sense of Humour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Regular
As long as the doctor pulls his finger out everything should be OK.

Beebo

Veteran
He’s going to need all the sense of humour he can muster from now on as he’s just been diagnosed with cancer.
But will be getting top class treatment without the waiting lists.

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
He’s going to need all the sense of humour he can muster from now on as he’s just been diagnosed with cancer.
But will be getting top class treatment without the waiting lists.

Took up almost all of the BBC news this evening. Looks like Rishi must be winning the NHS waiting list battle, because, treatment has started today. 😊

ITV coverage was even longer.

At least, on local BBC news, they didn't interrupt the football coverage.

All we need now is for Duke of York to step up to help out ;)

Last edited:

stephec

Regular
Just seen the opening of the BBC news where it was said to be breaking news just in, I didn't want to rain on their parade by telling them that my M.I.L had already told me at least half an hour before.

I wish him well; he'll get the best treatment and if it's prostate (?) then it's very treatable these days if caught early. As usual the press are making this out that he's at death's door already

multitool

Shaman
GFpFMPVWUAAQ8js.jpeg.jpg

If you scan this QR code, Nicolas Witchel appears in your living room in a puff of obsequiousness.

Extremely privileged old man with the worlds best healthcare gets Cancer treatment shocker....
It initially struck me as a Porterhouse Blue moment.

If only the meedja and the sheeple put a bit more energy into beating the drum for all the poor bastards struggling to get an appointment or a hospital bed, the world might be a better place....

As with all cancer sufferers, I wish him well, but no more than anybody else suffering from this bastard disease.....

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Looks like Rishi must be winning the NHS waiting list battle, because, treatment has started today.
As Charles is head of state I don't begrudge him being fast-tracked for treatment. The same would apply to senior govt minsters in view of the responsibility they bear.

That said I reckon the ills of the NHS would more likely be cured if a law were enacted preventing all sitting MP's from having private health treatment during their term.

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As Charles is head of state I don't begrudge him being fast-tracked for treatment. The same would apply to senior govt minsters in view of the responsibility they bear.

That said I reckon the ills of the NHS would more likely be cured if a law were enacted preventing all sitting MP's from having private health treatment during their term.

Not a royalist, but, I wish him no ill will

Didn’t say I begrudged him

Agree with your last paragraph

Top Bottom