Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

I’m staggered at what’s going on right now. Stranger than fiction.

Attachments

• 68BF4BB7-2570-4640-9E9E-D6A35EE3CBEC.jpeg
    68BF4BB7-2570-4640-9E9E-D6A35EE3CBEC.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6

multitool

Shaman
Brexit is dead in the water. I think the period of purdah is probably over and its going to start unravelling very quickly, or at least in a matter of 5 years rather than decades.

albion

Guru
Efforts to support/bring back our old pisshead PM are not going too well.
Interestingly it looks like he still works at the behest of the same puppet master, if his reported comment on the NI situation is anything to go by.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Poacher

Regular
From the article:

"I love Skegness and everyone is genuinely scared for the town and the effect this (asylum seekers in hotels) is having on people."

doesn't actually sound that supportive to me?

Do you live in skeggy and know what these people are protesting about or do you live miles away with no similar concerns regarding your own area?
Do you mean someone like Scott Pittsy, quoted by @BoldonLad , who lives 115 miles away by road, in Leeds, and who has also popped up in the last fortnight like a bad smell in places as far away from Leeds as Dunstable and Knowsley? That Scott Pittsy? Leader of "Patriotic Alliance".

D

Deleted member 28

Do you mean someone like Scott Pittsy, quoted by @BoldonLad , who lives 115 miles away by road, in Leeds, and who has also popped up in the last fortnight like a bad smell in places as far away from Leeds as Dunstable and Knowsley? That Scott Pittsy? Leader of "Patriotic Alliance".

Exactly like someone like him, in fact like people on here living in leafy Tory held strongholds telling people that live In places overwhelmed with foreigners to be more welcoming.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Point of order, I quoted the article, I am not a Pittsy fan.

He probably has just cause to be a plank, with a name like that ;)

I believe you will find great difficulty finding any "anti immigrant" comments from me, either here on anywhere else, because I have never posted/made any.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
Well apparently people have "had enough" but I haven't heard anything specific about actual impacts on the population that people have "had enough" of, it just seems to be xenophobia whipped up by the usual suspects.

Thankfully that's not happening in all the coastal communities.

In our nearest medium sized seaside town there are a couple of places hosting asylum seekers - some of whom are unaccompanied minors.

The local community is otw being welcoming and helpful .

Sure there are some nasty ignorant sorts around too.
But there's nowhere wholly safe from them either right??

Poacher

Regular
Point of order, I quoted the article, I am not a Pittsy fan.

He probably has just cause to be a plank, with a name like that ;)

I believe you will find great difficulty finding any "anti immigrant" comments from me, either here on anywhere else, because I have never posted/made any.

Sorry if you interpreted my post as critical of you as no such criticism was intended, it just saved me quoting from the lincolnshireworld article. There's probably only one poster in this thread who's an unashamed fan of Pittsy.

D

Deleted member 28

Well apparently people have "had enough" but I haven't heard anything specific about actual impacts on the population that people have "had enough" of, it just seems to be xenophobia whipped up by the usual suspects.

I assume you live there and subsequently in a position TO hear anything specific?

Top Bottom