Brexit Winners: who were they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Because of the benefits we have seen so far?

Should be easy to share them with us.

We could all do with something to make us smile. ^_^
At your age just waking up every morning should make you smile.🤣

PaulB

Vladimir Putin, obviously and Donald Trump thought of himself as having won that one while he was still Prez. As Voltaire famously said, "The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor" so now Brexit will massively increase the amount of poverty in Britain, the rich have clearly won. On the backs of the poor.

slowmotion

Well, I have found it hard to find anchovies in the supermarket but it hasn't all been bad. I buy a fair few electronic components to incorporate into gadgets. After Brexit, most of the EU suppliers became a bit vague about shipping and customs charges so I started looking in the US. At the time, I was after a £100 (ish) item manufactured in a small town in Germany, 335 miles from here in London. They couldn't give me a firm total cost. They had a UK agent but he seemed to be taking the piss price-wise. Digi-Key, one of the worlds biggest electronics distributers was 25% cheaper than either, all shipping and tariffs paid by them. The thing is, Digi-Key is in Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA. I pressed the Buy button and three days later it was delivered, after an 8000 mile trip from Germany to Minnesota, and back over the Atlantic again to London.
I don't think Greta will like that.

D

Deleted member 49

I reckon it could be a good thing that we can't get everything we want....like seasonal veg etc.Asparagus,Strawberries all year round being flown half way round the world.Surely we could buy what's available....local of course ! Let the supermarkets suffer !

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I reckon it could be a good thing that we can't get everything we want....like seasonal veg etc.Asparagus,Strawberries all year round being flown half way round the world.Surely we could buy what's available....local of course ! Let the supermarkets suffer !
Great idea! Why don’t all become monks (and nuns, where appropriate). Grow our own vegetables, a few carp. No food miles at all. Problem solved.

slowmotion

Great idea! Why don’t all become monks (and nuns, where appropriate). Grow our own vegetables, a few carp. No food miles at all. Problem solved.
Surely, carp would be a step too far? I've never tried them but I imagine they taste of mud. I'm getting quite excited about the idea of an eel pond though.

D

Deleted member 49

What's monks and nuns gotta do with it...I'm quite happy as a Atheist thanks.

mudsticks

Squire
Surely, carp would be a step too far? I've never tried them but I imagine they taste of mud. I'm getting quite excited about the idea of an eel pond though.

Carp taste alright, but are full of tiny Y shaped bones that you have to be very careful to remove.

Eels, I ate too many of when younger,
But fear they're endangered now -

- not entirely my fault I don't think :blush:

Top Bottom