Brexit Winners: who were they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Heating costs going up due to Brexit, that's a good one.

PaulB

Wat a spaz!
Don't be harsh on yourself. I know it's hard for you with a Scouser in charge of your sorry lot, you being inferior and everything, but you get what you're given. Which in your case, isn't much. But still, come on you Rams, eh Sheppy?

mudsticks

Squire
As far as i can make our so far, the main 'brexit winners' are those who enjoy witnessing the unhappiness of people who saw and experienced the benefits of our EU membership.

That's about it .

Imagine going through life being that sort of person ??

Even if the source of the unhappiness, hasn't brought themselves, or any one else any real good .

That's just weird , in my view.

But apparently there are quite a few people out there like that.

D

Deleted member 28

Don't be harsh on yourself. I know it's hard for you with a Scouser in charge of your sorry lot, you being inferior and everything, but you get what you're given. Which in your case, isn't much. But still, come on you Rams, eh Sheppy?
I like a wind up as much as the next bloke but I'm genuinely missing something here, what's with the Derby thing?

D

Deleted member 28

Of course you were, when Johnson and Gove said they'd cut VAT on fuel post Brexit, Shep and his mates thought "Nope, they won't do that, I'd best put a little extra aside." :laugh:
Here's me thinking it was a global fuel shortage that's behind it:laugh:

Mugshot

Über Member
Here's me thinking it was a global fuel shortage that's behind it:laugh:
A global fuel shortage is the reason behind the Tories not cutting VAT on fuel, as they said they would pre-Brexit?

D

Deleted member 28

A global fuel shortage is the reason behind the Tories not cutting VAT on fuel, as they said they would pre-Brexit?
So it's a Government issue or Brexit, make your minds up.

Mugshot

Über Member
So it's a Government issue or Brexit, make your minds up.
Well, they're kinda one and the same aren't they Shep?
The people that told you that food would be cheaper, and fuel would be cheaper etc if you voted for Brexit, are the same people that you voted to put into power because they said they'd get Brexit done.

mudsticks

Squire
The people that told you that food would be cheaper, and fuel would be cheaper etc if you voted for Brexit, are the same people that you voted to put into power because they said they'd get Brexit done.
You're being unfair verging on cruel here here Muggers (:rolleyes:)

You're asking someone who clearly doesn't have that capacity, to consider that something may have multiple causes, and that an action, or even an inaction may have multiple outcomes.

But yes basically the government that promised that everything would be great, or better (or at least not worse) post brexit, clearly haven't delivered on that .

That fact is no surprise to many of us.

But for those who did vote leave, and then vote Tory to try to ram it through, it's much easier to pretend that were all better off, and that everything is fine, and if it isn't fine, it's nothing to do with brexit.

That mindset isn't about to change.

Mugshot

Über Member
You're being unfair verging on cruel here here Muggers (:rolleyes:)

You're asking someone who clearly doesn't have that capacity, to consider that something may have multiple causes, and that an action, or even an inaction may have multiple outcomes.

But yes basically the government that promised that everything would be great, or better (or at least not worse) post brexit, clearly haven't delivered on that .

That fact is no surprise to many of us.

But for those who did vote leave, and then vote Tory to try to ram it through, it's much easier to pretend that were all better off, and that everything is fine, and if it isn't fine, it's nothing to do with brexit.

That mindset isn't about to change.
I think there may have been a flickering snarl of recognition across young Shep's face for a moment, before he composed himself.
In less than 24hrs he's gone from nothing affecting him or anyone he knows, to acknowledging a rise in the cost of living, and shifting to Brexit or the government being, at least in part, responsible for that rise. We even had a touch of "I never believed them anyway, I knew exactly what I was voting for, and that it would be shoot, so put a bit aside for just such an eventuality". It's been quite the journey.

Although you are of course correct, by the end of the day we'll be firmly back to denial, and naming calling will resume shortly.

1645869785199.png

View: https://twitter.com/JohnDalton6011/status/1447507355273420802?s=20&t=kpXxdbd-SVr6JN1bmICFiw

D

Deleted member 28

You think I voted for Brexit to get cheaper food and fuel?

Top Bottom