Brexit Winners: who were they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tanis8472

Regular
720. Immigration: Neil O’Brien, Conservative MP for Harborough in Leicestershire has admitted that immigration has increased since Britain voted to leave the EU. This is despite pledges of “taking back control” and cutting migration to the tens of thousands, and comes amid widespread labour shortages in many sectors of the economy. O’Brien accused the government of “liberalising non-EU migration” since Brexit by ending caps on visas, lowering qualification requirements and removing minimum earning requirements for skilled migrants. NB. This also qualifies as an upside, depending on your perspective!

:laugh:

Milzy

Doesn’t matter about the facts, that’s more like a passive aggressive kick in the balls regardless.

PaulB

Biggest loser is cyclists?

The media and conservatives had to tame down its racism so cyclists are now competing with France since Brexit.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/aug/30/why-do-some-people-hate-cyclists-so-much.

It does not say that there, neither does it ssy that it comes from the same media who support the now mega mega rich fossil fuel polluters and hate the mega cheap onshore wind farms.

Well said. I haven't faced any such problems where I live but sympathised with this article when I read it but couldn't articulate my feelings towards it in the way you did there. Pretty much what I feel about it.

Brexit winners are winning down the pub drinking traditional non woke English lager ale.
FbfWNRGWYAI1qnJ.jpeg

Beebo

Veteran
A mere detail, but, from the furnishing, and, picture on the wall, that looks like a club to me, rather than a pub. I could be wrong.

I do like the nattily dressed guy in the middle. ;)

All the best pubs have a portrait of the dear leader.
And it looks like a bird has pooped on that suit.

Top Bottom