Brexit Winners: who were they?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

You're being unfair verging on cruel here here Muggers (:rolleyes:)

You're asking someone who clearly doesn't have that capacity, to consider that something may have multiple causes, and that an action, or even an inaction may have multiple outcomes.

But yes basically the government that promised that everything would be great, or better (or at least not worse) post brexit, clearly haven't delivered on that .

That fact is no surprise to many of us.

But for those who did vote leave, and then vote Tory to try to ram it through, it's much easier to pretend that were all better off, and that everything is fine, and if it isn't fine, it's nothing to do with brexit.

That mindset isn't about to change.
Didn't once say I was better off, I am fine though and my mindset won't change.

As said plenty of times already apart from maybe a few quid down Brexit has made little difference to my day to day existence and I can't see that changing so I'm never going to regret it or feel hard done by.

You lot can keep telling me how bad my life (and yours I assume) is since Brexit but I'm just not seeing it, sorry to disapoint you.

Mugshot

Über Member

As said plenty of times already apart from maybe a few quid down Brexit has made little difference to my day to day existence and I can't see that changing so I'm never going to regret it or feel hard done by.

You lot can keep telling me how bad my life (and yours I assume) is since Brexit but I'm just not seeing it, sorry to disapoint you.
No one's saying your life is bad, but life is bad for huge swathes of people, and it's being made worse, much worse, by Brexit and by the people that are in power because of Brexit. Whether you care or not is of course for your own conscience.

However, going back to your life for a moment, it aint better because of Brexit, and that's what you, and everyone else in the UK, was promised.

D

Deleted member 28

No one's saying your life is bad, but life is bad for huge swathes of people, and it's being made worse, much worse, by Brexit and by the people that are in power because of Brexit. Whether you care or not is of course for your own conscience.

However, going back to your life for a moment, it aint better because of Brexit, and that's what you, and everyone else in the UK, was promised.
The thing is, I don't really care that there has been little benefit and that's what you really need to get your heads around.

You clearly have far more issues with Brexit than I do so why don't you stick to telling people what difference it's made to you.

You've already admitted it's the Tories rather than Brexit that's put heating bills up.

Mugshot

Über Member
The thing is, I don't really care that there has been little benefit and that's what you really need to get your heads around.
I've already addressed this
Whether you care or not is of course for your own conscience.

You clearly have far more issues with Brexit than I do so why don't you stick to telling people what difference it's made to you.
And yet here you are.
You've already admitted it's the Tories rather than Brexit that's put heating bills up.
No I haven't.

mudsticks

Squire

You don't disappoint at all - you've told us over and over that you personally see no disbenefit to brexit in your life -
and moreover that you don't care about it existing in anyone else's - people not caring about others is a fairly frequent stance -

There's nothing new there - so you're 100% free to leave off telling us that same thing repeatedly.

Tory policy which is also interwoven with brexit policy - they're the self same thing -

They are deeply interrelated set of causes and consequences - the fact that you don't grasp that fact - is either a mental blockage - (which is possibly not your fault ) - or a total refusal to face facts - it makes no difference to the outcome either way .

Either way you're free to think and speak no more of it
Bye bye from the brexit thread 'gang' :hello:

mudsticks

Squire
You going somewhere?
Yup as it happens I'm off to the beach .
A lovely six mile ride, through the lanes, and it's a beautiful sunny day..

You'll doubtless, still be here later, I'm sure though, to endlessly be telling us all how uninterested in brexit you really are..

You might alternatively, want to consider getting a life..

But that's entirely up to you..

D

Deleted member 28

You might alternatively, want to consider getting a life
Brilliant!

You and the other half dozen on here can happily post on a daily basis but if someone who doesn't share your views does the same they're somehow in need of 'a life '.

You really are so far up your own arse.:laugh:

Milzy

When Putin has his puppet government settled do you think the Nord stream 2 will open up to Germany then & would the Yanks be bothered about that?

mudsticks

Squire
When Putin has his puppet government settled do you think the Nord stream 2 will open up to Germany then & would the Yanks be bothered about that?

Hopefully that won't happen, but reallywho knows , I certainly dont??

It's a hideous situation for all involved, not to mention the awful environmental impacts of war.

As far as I can make out, America only cares about its own interests.

I even see some 'Murica First' nut jobs are suggesting that advantage should be taken of the current crisis to take the lead on pumping more oil :sad:
Ignoring climate change.

A definite brexit benefiteer was and is Russia..

A smaller and weaker EU played to its advantage.
Not to mention having The City of London as it's unscrutinised laundromat of dodgy lucre post brexit.

Of course it would have been better for everyone, including for tackling climate change if we'd had a far swifter, and decisive move away from fossil fuels towards renewables many decades ago.

So there would have been no need for Nordstream 2.

But of course vested interest wasn't interested in any of that .
Almost 'free' clean power for populations?
Energy equity?

Where are the billions of profit in that. ??

So much war, injustice, and political destabilisation has been driven by oil reserves throughout the last century.

The ongoing Middle Eastern conflicts have largely been based around all this.

Greed, ego, and power crazed meglomaniacs of all persuasions are driven by the same thing.

I don't know how we extricate our selves from all that, and build greener peace.

Ride our bicycles more.?
Grow more food.?
Stop voting idiots into power ?

Still it was a lovely sunset this evening..

And fish n chips too :smile:

Milzy

Hopefully that won't happen, but reallywho knows , I certainly dont??

It's a hideous situation for all involved, not to mention the awful environmental impacts of war.

As far as I can make out, America only cares about its own interests.

I even see some 'Murica First' nut jobs are suggesting that advantage should be taken of the current crisis to take the lead on pumping more oil :sad:
Ignoring climate change.

A definite brexit benefiteer was and is Russia..

A smaller and weaker EU played to its advantage.
Not to mention having The City of London as it's unscrutinised laundromat of dodgy lucre post brexit.

Of course it would have been better for everyone, including for tackling climate change if we'd had a far swifter, and decisive move away from fossil fuels towards renewables many decades ago.

So there would have been no need for Nordstream 2.

But of course vested interest wasn't interested in any of that .
Almost 'free' clean power for populations?
Energy equity?

Where are the billions of profit in that. ??

So much war, injustice, and political destabilisation has been driven by oil reserves throughout the last century.

The ongoing Middle Eastern conflicts have largely been based around all this.

Greed, ego, and power crazed meglomaniacs of all persuasions are driven by the same thing.

I don't know how we extricate our selves from all that, and build greener peace.

Ride our bicycles more.?
Grow more food.?
Stop voting idiots into power ?

View attachment 791
Still it was a lovely sunset this evening..

And fish n chips too :smile:
What a lovely post.

Abellio never made any money off Scotrail and were booted off the contract earlier this year.
Scotrail is now run by the Scottish Government.
It's a Brexit topic, you're supposed to bash the Tory goverment regardless off facts, title or anything it's just about repeating that Brexit is bad and it's all our fault..
i mean if we would be really talking about facts and rail you could come to no other conclusion that Brexit has very little to do with it.(and that former British company Arriva also is spread all over europe. )

Top Bottom