BRFR Cake Stop 'breaking news' miscellany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Legendary Member
Police have now confirmed that a quantity of petrol was found in the vans.

Looks like a classic case of wrong place at the wrong time.

I wonder if they have inadvertently warned the actual cell off doing what ever was planned. If anything was in fact being planned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sounds like a plot from an Ealing comedy of the 1950s.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Still pissing me off that the subtitle is "Daniel Thomas appearing to slash at a boat." There is no other farking interpretation. It's not a paintbrush he's holding. There is 0% doubt.

I suspect that that is general house style, as it also says he is 'alleged' to have livestreamed himself while saying stuff, and it's up to the court to confirm that interpretation before being reported as fact – i.e., everything he is charged with (as per court wording) has to be treated as an allegation until he is tried.

Just for once, I'm not going to criticise the BBC on this 😮 but I'm sure I'll return to habit sooner rather than later.
 

C R

Squire
Police have now confirmed that a quantity of petrol was found in the vans.

Looks like a classic case of wrong place at the wrong time.

I wonder if they have inadvertently warned the actual cell off doing what ever was planned. If anything was in fact being planned.

Or possibly given the real ploters (if there are any) a chance to asses their plan against current events and improve where needed.
 
In other news South West Water have been fined £8M for sewage releases.

It's literally a plop in the ocean.

And a bit like Dr. Evil holding the world to ransom for "one million dollars, ha ha ha" (menacingly).
 
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Thames Water has flooded out a school somewhere in London because of a broken water main they haven't got round to repairing... it's probably just as well they aren't in charge of a gas company, all things considered.
 
Thames Water has flooded out a school somewhere in London because of a broken water main they haven't got round to repairing... it's probably just as well they aren't in charge of a gas company, all things considered.
I see the proposed removal of the statutory limits of public ownership of water companies as aimed initially at Thames Water. I've thought for a while that going into administration and being bought for £1 by the government might be a good option.
 
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I see the proposed removal of the statutory limits of public ownership of water companies as aimed initially at Thames Water. I've thought for a while that going into administration and being bought for £1 by the government might be a good option.

I guess that the elephant in the room is that investors who have taken profits at the vast expense of customers have at no time considered whether excessive extraction of $s while the basic infrastructure was falling apart and customers paying massively increased bills have apparently assumed that their investments were safe, no matter what, and that has emboldened the companies not to ask themselves "Is this really sustainable?" That ought to be the check on such practices, but I suspect happens vanishingly rarely.

Maybe now wouldn't be a bad time to see the effect on shareholders' oversight of companies like this who assume they can't go bust (the 'too big/important to fail' gambit).
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R
B b b b but the market always decides and self corrects and er other things.

This is, in my opinion, an example of investment timescales mismatching, predictably and obviously so. The infrastructure investment cycle is over decades, whereas the investment return is over about 5 years.

Why on earth would any given investor want to invest on behalf of the next guy, when the alternative is a cheap papering over the cracks?
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Seems bad. Is this bad?

1790765325089.png
 
  • Wow
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom