But Where Are You Really From?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
I don't get it.
Isn't Shep a self-professed, unapologetic racist, a swaggering racist, out and proud?
What point is there trying to learn him his Ps and Qs?

He can't be, one of his mates is "half caste".

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No idea what you're talking about.

Try saying it straight instead of all this implied nudge nudge winkiness .

It gets pretty tiresome pretty quickly.

Fyi I haven't edited any of your posts if that's what you mean.

Never said you edited my post. Was not even aware that was possible, although, it is possible to edit the quoted post.

The audit trail is there, for all to see.

mudsticks

Squire
Never said you edited my post. Was not even aware that was possible, although, it is possible to edit the quoted post.

The audit trail is there, for all to see.

Still no idea what you're talking about, but yes the thread is indeed there for all to see 👍🏼

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yup probs.

Lady Hussey most likely shouldn't have been placed in that role of 'welcoming' if she was so incapable of it.

But then I can also imagine a conversation going along the lines of.

"Ok Lady Hussey we're offering some training / updating in how we interact with our guests , so as we ensure they all feel comfortable and welcome here"

Eliciting an abrupt..

"Stuff and nonsense, I don't need to be told how to talk to people, I've been doing it all my life"

Imagination is a marvellous thing, especially if one doesn't know the truth.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes exactly..

That's why I used the word 'imagine'

The clue, and in fact my explicit meaning, is right there in that very word ... 🙄
John Lennon has a lot to answer for. I prefer the Frank Sinatra description...
"Imagination is crazy, your whole perspective gets hazy"

Can you also imagine a situation where Lady H was mortified at the insensitivity she showed or might have willingly participated in some prior discussion of the attitudes that a host needed to show to everyone irrespective of their backgrounds?

mudsticks

Squire
John Lennon has a lot to answer for. I prefer the Frank Sinatra description...
"Imagination is crazy, your whole perspective gets hazy"

Can you also imagine a situation where Lady H was mortified at the insensitivity she showed or might have willingly participated in some prior discussion of the attitudes that a host needed to show to everyone irrespective of their backgrounds?

Yes I can imagine that too...

I didn't imply she wasn't mortified after the fact, she's certainly said she was, I'm happy to accept her at her word. .

But I have also read that even palace insiders found her a tad 'imperious' in her manner, so that could suggest she might have been resistant if any suggestion of 'retraining'.had been made.

I could probably recount many many different imaginary scenarios, but that could get a tad dull after a while.

In contrast to Frank's appraisal I'd say that imagination is actually a very valuable thing.

One of its many benefits is being able to imagine how other people, who are not you, could feel in certain circumstances.

This can help in the development of empathy 👍🏼

Top Bottom