By-election

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Allways good to see Tories lose seats....even better resignations !
Who's next 😁
"Oliver Dowden was due to appear but pulled out after resigning and now Dominic Raab has pulled out too. Unclear if anyone else will be willing to make an appearance."

Raab was squirming nicely on the Toady prog....Boris gives an interview tomorrow.
Also hoping Charlie Boy turns the knife of the rendition to Rwanda plan with his meeting with Boris.

...also good to see how tactical voting (and to the LDs) seems to have delivered a result that pleases you ;)

Raab was squirming nicely on the Toady prog
Yes. He seemed to think that voting choices based on Johnson’s character and integrity were a diversion from some higher purpose.

And let’s not forget what triggered the by-elections in the first place - sleazy and criminal Tory MPs getting caught out.

icowden

Legendary Member
“Some body must take responsibility” says Oliver Dowden as he resigns from his position as Party Chairman.
But who is he referring to? It’s very difficult to see why the party chairman is at fault for this.
Translation: "Somebody must take responsibility, but it's very clear that Boris isn't going to, so it'll have to be me."

icowden

Legendary Member
Edit: Here you go. Could be Tories staying at home rather than opposition showing out.
Frost makes some good points. However Conservative voters not being able to stomach voting Conservative is just as problematic as them voting for other parties. If Johnson stays, it seems likely that it will pretty much wipe out the Conservative party if the results are echoed countrywide. None of theirs seats are now safe.

Honiton has been Conservative since 1841and Tiverton since 1923, and combined has always been Conservative. It's about as safe a seat as you can get. No longer.

Does she think it's a fridge ?

In 6 weeks time I'll be able to find out for myself!

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
However Conservative voters not being able to stomach voting Conservative is just as problematic as them voting for other parties.

I don't blame them for abstaining. The current lot are more UKIP than traditional Tory it seems to me. The 'getting the job done' slogans can't work forever especially with the crass levels of incompetence Johnson's team seem to have so much expertise in. I could never vote for such a party.

ebikeerwidnes

I think it should be mentioned that Jayda Fransen - the extreme right wing woman who used to be part of Britain First and the EDL and has convictions for violence was also standing in Wakefield

She came flat LAST
23 votes - just 23
there were more spoiled ballots than votes for her

bad thing is that she is still around
good thing - how embarrassing is that result!!

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think it should be mentioned that Jayda Fransen - the extreme right wing woman who used to be part of Britain First and the EDL and has convictions for violence was also standing in Wakefield

She came flat LAST
23 votes - just 23
there were more spoiled ballots than votes for her

bad thing is that she is still around
good thing - how embarrassing is that result!!

Beautiful British name.

Top Bottom