Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Poor choice of verb…

Hope you're not trying to 'tone police' me now...

O:-/

Sadiq Kahn on Sky this morning saying he's put Cressida Dick 'on notice' whatever the feck that means ! How she's still in her job beggers belief.
She got to prove her efforts work or be fired is what i could make up out of it.
The other question is, if she is not suitable who is?
Think it's more about finding an effective approach then who is in charge.

D

Deleted member 49

She got to prove her efforts work or be fired is what i could make up out of it.
The other question is, if she is not suitable who is?
Think it's more about finding an effective approach then who is in charge.
If you mean who could do her job better....well id hazard a guess there's plenty.She hasn't set the bar very high.
The Met are like our current shitshow of a goverment...it's all about protecting themselves.

swansonj

Regular
If you mean who could do her job better....well id hazard a guess there's plenty....
I respectfully disagree. At the time Dick was appointed, she seemed like a pretty good candidate, but she has disappointed (I disagree with several of you over how much she has disappointed, but I certainly agree she has). Some of the previous appointments of Commissioner also seemed at the time like a really good appointment (though none, I think, as much so as Dick did at the time) and also disappointed. My conclusion is that running the Met is a bloody hard job and there are precious few people equipped to take it on and possibly none equipped to make a success of it.

Friends in the job tell me that she was and is well liked my much of the rank and file - “She has our backs.” I can see how that is both a good and a bad position to take.

D

Deleted member 49

I respectfully disagree. At the time Dick was appointed, she seemed like a pretty good candidate,
She might of then....but how many chances do you think she should get ?
Some people actually thought Johnson would he a good PM 🙄
My conclusion is that running the Met is a bloody hard job and there are precious few people equipped to take it on and possibly none equipped to make a success of it.
How thoroughly depressing....so we should accept her.
She should of at the very least resigned....fecking shameful behaviour under her watch.How bad does it actually have to get before she gets sacked ?

View: https://twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1443644872695631877?t=VJKO4pClOlS6TrkDpRVbEA&s=19

If you mean who could do her job better....well id hazard a guess there's plenty.She hasn't set the bar very high.
The Met are like our current shitshow of a goverment...it's all about protecting themselves.
I mean it a bit broader, much of the issues with the Met are not from last year and also not from 4 years, i mean it is something that has build up over the years would replacing the person on the top of the chain really work? (aside fron the discussion if she does her job properly)
I think replacing Mrs Dick will change nothing, the better option would be in my view someone who has in debt understanding how the police should would but has no direct ties. like a military general or something.
Who in turn then needs to setup an system that ensures if someone is arrested that the person is treated fairly professionally and without any kind of harassment, i know said operation is easyer said than done, i don't no who they need to put into a job like this but i do think it's the only long term soluttion.

And with a system i mean that's it's no longer the choice of an officer how to treat an person imprisonated but that there is an system in place that ensures they arrest someone with said parameters.

swansonj

Regular
She might of then....but how many chances do you think she should get ?
Some people actually thought Johnson would he a good PM 🙄

How thoroughly depressing....so we should accept her.
She should of at the very least resigned....fecking shameful behaviour under her watch.How bad does it actually have to get before she gets sacked ?

View: https://twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1443644872695631877?t=VJKO4pClOlS6TrkDpRVbEA&s=19

I agree that in an ideal world, she would have resigned. Trouble is, resignation-worthy events seem to happen roughly once or twice a year in the Met. If the Commissioner resigned every time we think they should, there would be no leadership at all.

Yes, what we really need right now is for the police to become even more militaristic. What could possibly go wrong?
That is nonsense and you know it, the NHS did'nt become ''more militaristic'' when the military helped with the vaccine logistics now did they? But it was just an example, i'm all ear who you would put in the position to re-organise the police in a way i just told above? I think an Army general would be the kind of person able to organise something like that, as that's part of what they need to do in an conflict situation.

Top Bottom