Cannabis as a Class A drug?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
If legalisation implies regulated supply and sale then it should as the risk arising from additives etc would reduce.
But in Canada, where it has been legal to buy cannabis since 2018, still 40%+ of cannabis is bought through illegal suppliers as the legal versions are seen as 'garbage'.

fozy tornip

fozympotent

fozy tornip

fozympotent

icowden

Legendary Member
Anyone on here any personal experience as an addict?, either themselves, or, a close relative/friend?

Yep, close relative. I echo @AndyRM. It very nearly ended a marriage, a life and left a wife and child homeless. Luckily thanks to support from family, Forward Trust and a residential rehabilitation it has been completely turned around. The relative in question recently finished the London Marathon in just under 3 hours.

Help is far, far better than punishment.

Bazzer

Anyone on here any personal experience as an addict?, either themselves, or, a close relative/friend?
Yes, someone who in my teens to late twenties, someone had been a very close friend. Alcohol and drugs. - Cannabis mainly, but also speed and at least once to my knowledge, smoking heroin. The drugs and alcohol were part of our social life at the time, but he took it to extremes.
The last time I spoke with him, which was some years ago, the relationship we used to have had long gone. We had both changed.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yep, close relative. I echo @AndyRM. It very nearly ended a marriage, a life and left a wife and child homeless. Luckily thanks to support from family, Forward Trust and a residential rehabilitation it has been completely turned around. The relative in question recently finished the London Marathon in just under 3 hours.

Help is far, far better than punishment.

Good on them! Accessing help is not easy, and prohibitively expensive if you go private.

Top Bottom