Chelsea blues....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...if you sup with the devil....

Surprised this is not being discussed already.
My opinion is not valid as Shep rightly points out, am not a football fan and know nothing about this. So NACAs, educate me with your opinionations....

Last edited:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Fab Footie, I take it this is something to do with the flower show.

1646998241422.png

Beebo

Veteran
It’s being discussed a bit in the other place.
It’s going to get complicated as football teams are not seen as normal businesses. They are community assets and the fall out from a huge team like Chelsea failing would be huge.
But there are so many unknown questions to answer.
Will they even be able to complete their fixtures? They have enough points not to be relegated but if they miss matches then what happens. Would they get a point deduction?
How do they pay to travel to away games in Europe? Are they even allowed to play abroad?
Can they pay their staff and players?
Can they sell food and drink at the ground?
What happens to hospitality boxes, debentures and the on site hotel?
What happens to the junior academy and the training ground?

It’s a huge mess which needs sorting out. The fans have had a great run on the back of his dirty cash but it’s probably about to end. Yet they continue to chant his name which is completely tin eared to the on going war.

Oh, and I’m not a fan either.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
It’s going to get complicated as football teams are not seen as normal businesses. They are community assets and the fall out from a huge team like Chelsea failing would be huge.
Will they even be able to complete their fixtures? They have enough points not to be relegated but if they miss matches then what happens. Would they get a point deduction?
How do they pay to travel to away games in Europe? Are they even allowed to play abroad?
Can they pay their staff and players?
Can they sell food and drink at the ground?
What happens to hospitality boxes, debentures and the on site hotel?
What happens to the junior academy and the training ground?

It’s a huge mess which needs sorting out. The fans have had a great run on the back of his dirty cash but it’s probably about to end. Yet they continue to chant his name which is completely tin eared to the on going war.

Are there other clubs with dubious funding, Saudis for example?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I am not a football fan, so, my opinion is probably as flawed as yours @Fab Foodie , but, that doesn’t stop me having an opinion…

Easy win as far as I can see, it is only a football team, if it goes bust, so what? As for the loons buying shirts etc. from the “Merchandise Shop”, section them for their own safety.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
I am not a football fan, so, my opinion is probably as flawed as yours @Fab Foodie , but, that doesn’t stop me having an opinion…

Easy win as far as I can see, it is only a football team, if it goes bust, so what? As for the loons buying shirts etc. from the “Merchandise Shop”, section them for their own safety.
But if Ambramovich is dodgy now, why wasn't he dodgy enough before? His dubious activities are no surprise....

The issue is not, that there are not other parties interested in buying the club, the issue is sale being forbidden because of sanctions and sponsors running away. The solution would be allowing the sale and seizing the proceeds of the sale, that way the club can operate with it's new owner, without sanctions etc.

FishFright

The issue is not, that there are not other parties interested in buying the club, the issue is sale being forbidden because of sanctions and sponsors running away. The solution would be allowing the sale and seizing the proceeds of the sale, that way the club can operate with it's new owner, without sanctions etc.

Could going into receivership provide a way out ?

spen666

Will they even be able to complete their fixtures? To be seen - cashflow may be the issue They have enough points not to be relegated but if they miss matches then what happens. Would they get a point deduction?Remains to be seen, but if they cannot fulfil fixtures, their existence will be in doubt. In theory could be expelled from Premier League, refused entry to EFL and National League etc. Without ability to produce a budget for next season, in theory could be refused entry to any league.
How do they pay to travel to away games in Europe? Have authority to spend up to £20,000 per match on away travel Are they even allowed to play abroad? YES
Can they pay their staff and players? YES
Can they sell food and drink at the ground? YES
What happens to hospitality boxes, debentures and the on site hotel? If paid for in advance, can be used. If not, then can't sell on a match by match basis. or allow new hotel bookings
What happens to the junior academy and the training ground? Can continue to operate, subject to rules on maximum spending etc until money runs out

But if Ambramovich is dodgy now, why wasn't he dodgy enough before? His dubious activities are no surprise....
Sure, same can be said about a number of individuals from many different countries but none of them have the same restrictions on them as Russia as these kind of restrictions are very uncommon but necessary
Could going into receivership provide a way out ?
I don't know, as many of their current restrictions are based on the fact that is is Russian owned going into receivership won't directly change that.

Top Bottom