Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

I don’t know how credible some scientists are but when the world was locked down for Covid they said co2 kept on rising. Guess they are just given brown envelopes from the polluting people or they are mad insane scientists yeah?

Bazzer

I don’t know how credible some scientists are but when the world was locked down for Covid they said co2 kept on rising. Guess they are just given brown envelopes from the polluting people or they are mad insane scientists yeah?
Perhaps it's an indication that the problems humans have caused cannot be solved by seemingly simple short term steps?
A bit like wheels and momentum. Stopping a child's trike wheel at 10mph is far easier than a steam locomotive travelling at the same speed.

Milzy

Perhaps it's an indication that the problems humans have caused cannot be solved by seemingly simple short term steps?
A bit like wheels and momentum. Stopping a child's trike wheel at 10mph is far easier than a steam locomotive travelling at the same speed.

Humans are doing what nature has intended. We multiply use big tech become cyborgs then have full AI robots. We spread to other planets and mine those spread to other galaxies. We’ve had at least 5 extinctions on planet Earth and life keeps on finding a way.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Humans are doing what nature has intended. We multiply use big tech become cyborgs then have full AI robots. We spread to other planets and mine those spread to other galaxies. We’ve had at least 5 extinctions on planet Earth and life keeps on finding a way.

You seem to be implying human extinction here, which has never happened.

D

Deleted member 121

Im not sure nature intended us to send cars into space let alone provision for cybernetic organisms but nature certainly intended humans to get through the last ice age...

Milzy

Im not sure nature intended us to send cars into space let alone provision for cybernetic organisms but nature certainly intended humans to get through the last ice age...

If we have another comet strike it could set us back 3000 years. We’ve had good technology wiped out before for various different reasons. One for example when Europeans traveled to the Americas when the ice sheets melted. They brought diseases the new world peoples had no immunity to so they all got wiped out.
Aliens seem to be sending cars into space, there’s more declassified accounts of UFO’s than ever. The universe is so vast it’s likely other life is space hopping.

Bazzer

Don't you think that as the (generally speaking) apex predator, user of most of the Earth's resources, and the destroyer or damager of much of the habitats in the world, habitats which are used by countless organisms, humans have certain responsibilities?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.

The Garbage Hypothesis?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Don't you think that as the (generally speaking) apex predator, user of most of the Earth's resources, and the destroyer or damager of much of the habitats in the world, habitats which are used by countless organisms, humans have certain responsibilities?

The rather bleak answer is no. The concept of responsibility is a human invention, no doubt developed to have some evolutionary advantage to us. Ultimately life on this planet has no meaning save that which is given to it by us, absolutely arbitarily.

Extinction drives evolution. It's likely we will cause, in fact are causing, a mass extinction event but it's vanishingly unlikely that we will extinguish all life on the planet. Lifeforms will evolve to occupy the niches we create and leave behind. So it goes.

We are a manifestation of the universe experiencing itself and nothing actually matters unless and until we decide it does.

Milzy

The world has a corruption problem, not a climate one. Globalists/NATO/US just can't light the fuse quick enough to start full blown WWIII. Then the industrial military complex won’t need feeding anymore and the proxy wars can end. Cockroaches can take over.

mudsticks

Squire
Nope , humans have been working against nature, this is 'our' problem, we have created it.

Nature never 'intended' us to cause all these ecosystem collapses.

'We' hae been variously 'clever' (and greedy/lazy) enough as a human race to cause all this, for short term gain

Those with enough wisdom to point out what's going on have been shouted down / ignored / silenced by those who want to carry on the exploitative business as usual status quo.

Whether we can correct this in time, so as not to irreparably take down livable life as we know it - remains to be seen

Right now it's not looking great - but one has to remain hopeful - and keep acting as if a change might come in time.

D

Deleted member 121

Aliens seem to be sending cars into space

Is that so? Well, if aliens are sending cars into space, are there any other space-faring motorist aliens cooler than this? Although, by now, he might be sporting a bit of "truckers tan".

2Fimages.auto55.be%2Fpopup%2F148919-tesla-in-space.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

1682969211624.jpg

Total CO2 emissions by source 1990-2019.

Guess what happened in 2008?

Compare the drop caused by the financial crash of 2008 with the impact of Covid in 2020 in the US

US-Energy-Emissions-EIA.png

Tell me about the scientists who said CO2 kept rising during Covid? Please, I'd love to hear about them.

Top Bottom