Contradictory Messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Is it only boomers who vote ?

No but they're the worst at it.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
At least they do it though.

tumblr_lf1k29yd1D1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

If you're old enough to work & pay tax, get married & reproduce, join the miltary & be shot on someone else's orders then you are old enough to vote.

To say: "On the one hand we seem to be saying people 18-25 are not mature enough to be held fully responsible for their criminal actions, but then saying those 16-18 are mature enough to decide the future direction of the country for everyone else" is frankly hysterical hyperbole.

Ahh the tactic of insulting rather than engage and explain what is incorrect?

In Scotland they are saying that
18-25 are not mature enough to be held fully responsible for their criminal actions

The current call to lower the voting age to 16 is premised on the basis that 16-18 year olds are mature enough to decide the future of the country.
How is stating this "hysterical hyperbole"?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Ahh the tactic of insulting rather than engage and explain what is incorrect?

In Scotland they are saying that

The current call to lower the voting age to 16 is premised on the basis that 16-18 year olds are mature enough to decide the future of the country.
How is stating this "hysterical hyperbole"?

I'd suggest you have a go at reading the post rather than frantically knee-jerking over a couple of words. But I'll try to explain using simpler words:

The scary suggestion that under-18s with their unformed, TikTok-addled brains will be 'deciding the future of the country' isn't scary at all.

There aren't enough of them to make any noticeable difference.

So there's nothing to worry about, because this means election results will still be decided by mature, engaged, responsible and considered choices made by the enormous majority of adult, experienced voters, and based on nuanced, unbiased, impartial information such as 'Get Brexit Done', 'Stop The Boats', 'Take Back Control' and 'Strong And Stable'. And let's not forget 'Better Together'. 👍

So the proper grown-ups will still always get exactly the government and the political decisions they want! Isn't that great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Love the way anyone could think 16 year olds could actually feck up what we already have 😂

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

I'd suggest you have a go at reading the post rather than frantically knee-jerking over a couple of words. But I'll try to explain using simpler words:

The scary suggestion that under-18s with their unformed, TikTok-addled brains will be 'deciding the future of the country' isn't scary at all.

There aren't enough of them to make any noticeable difference.

So there's nothing to worry about, because this means election results will still be decided by mature, engaged, responsible and considered choices made by the enormous majority of adult, experienced voters, and based on nuanced, unbiased, impartial information such as 'Get Brexit Done', 'Stop The Boats', 'Take Back Control' and 'Strong And Stable'. And let's not forget 'Better Together'. 👍

So the proper grown-ups will still always get exactly the government and the political decisions they want! Isn't that great!

No, because you have avoided the issue of contradictory messages of u25's being not mature enough to be held fully responsible for their actions yet 16-18 year olds being mature enough to have a say in the future of the country

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
No, because you have avoided the issue of contradictory messages of u25's being not mature enough to be held fully responsible for their actions yet 16-18 year olds being mature enough to have a say in the future of the country

Ah, it's the old 'ignoring the point of the comment and instead attempting to draw a parallel between box-girder bridges and sea-cucumbers' tactic, is it?

Won't catch me out like that, Spen-o. I know all your devious argumentative ploys.

Top Bottom