Cost of Petrol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
i keep seeing these comments of bikes not needing fuel....but in truth they do, they dont pedal themselves and you need food, water as energy stores within yourself to do so. As the price of food rises, so does the cost of riding your bikes and add to the cost of buying your bike and components also rise with the rise in fuel and inflation.....

jowwy

Petrol will be priced something like right when burning it is no longer deemed a reasonable way of moving empty seats around the country; when the sight of a car with driver only in it is startling.
>/= 98% of vehicles arriving at my employer's HQ (car park capacity 700) are single occupant. When </= 2% are single occupant we'll be getting there.

how would you promote/change the single occupancy rate??

jowwy

also why do people not state the cost of diesel...which is way more epxensive than petrol at the moment

spen666

also why do people not state the cost of diesel...which is way more epxensive than petrol at the moment

Why not state the cost of rocket fuel which is way more expensive than diesel at the moment?

probably because petrol is more relevant than diesel or rocket fuel to most people in the country. More privately run cars run on petrol than on diesel
Its not really hard to work out why people quote the price of the most commonly used motor car fuel

jowwy

Why not state the cost of rocket fuel which is way more expensive than diesel at the moment?

probably because petrol is more relevant than diesel or rocket fuel to most people in the country. More privately run cars run on petrol than on diesel
Its not really hard to work out why people quote the price of the most commonly used motor car fuel

diesel has a 46.3% share of the car market.....rocket fuel doesnt get used by many people

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

I would agree, diesel is more expensive than petrol, per litre (or gallon, if you prefer), I have a diesel car, so, I pay the higher price, each time I put fuel in it.

However, in general, I believe, comparable diesel fuelled vehicles typically achieve higher mpg figures, so, the absolute cost per mile of petrol vs diesel may not be that different (that is excluding other costs of course, ie servicing, depreciation, etc).

mudsticks

Squire
i keep seeing these comments of bikes not needing fuel....but in truth they do, they dont pedal themselves and you need food, water as energy stores within yourself to do so. As the price of food rises, so does the cost of riding your bikes and add to the cost of buying your bike and components also rise with the rise in fuel and inflation.....

The price of most food is inextricably linked to the price of diesel

The majority of your supermarket food has taken a large amount of diesel, and oil based products to ground prep, grow, fertilise, pesticide , harvest transport refrigerate, and so on...

Even agricultural diesel is close to a pound a litre now...

Glad I don't run mahoosive tractors..

Ian H

Guru
The price of most food is inextricably linked to the price of diesel

The majority of your supermarket food has taken a large amount of diesel, and oil based products to ground prep, grow, fertilise, pesticide , harvest transport refrigerate, and so on...

Even agricultural diesel is close to a pound a litre now...

Glad I don't run mahoosive tractors..

Which reminds me that there is a garage down the road that sells red diesel from the forecourt.

Which reminds me that there is a garage down the road that sells red diesel from the forecourt.

Gas oil or rebated diesel? Has it not always been on rural forecourts?

As long as it was only for non-road use was it a problem?

D

Deleted member 49

But I doubt it's for sale to the general public...only place I've ever bought it for the car is when back in Ireland on the border road.That invisible border road should I say😁
Bromptonaut beat me to it

mudsticks

Squire
Really whereabouts??

Haven't seen it on a forecourt in years..
Gas oil or rebated diesel? Has it not always been on rural forecourts?

As long as it was only for non-road use was it a problem?
Not commonly for some time..
I buy it in quantity, delivered direct from the dealer..
Would be a bit annoying to have to drive to a garage everytime .

They're cutting down on its use for construction plant

And any other non agricultural use..
Will push up the cost of construction quite a bit

But I doubt it's for sale to the general public...only place I've ever bought it for the car is when back in Ireland on the border road.That invisible border road should I say😁
Bromptonaut beat me to it
I'm occasionally tempted to put it in my diesel car..

But of course I never would..😇

D

Deleted member 49

Really whereabouts??

Haven't seen it on a forecourt in years..

Not commonly for some time..
I buy it in quantity, delivered direct from the dealer..
Would be a bit annoying to have to drive to a garage everytime .

They're cutting down on its use for construction plant

And any other non agricultural use..
Will push up the cost of construction quite a bit

I'm occasionally tempted to put it in my diesel car..

But of course I never would..😇
Used it all the time years ago....bearing in mind the old diesel engines would run on almost anything.Had the well worn excuse if pulled that ran out in the countryside and a nice farmer helped me out.
There is some nice farmers isn't there ?

mudsticks

Squire
Used it all the time years ago....bearing in mind the old diesel engines would run on almost anything.Had the well worn excuse if pulled that ran out in the countryside and a nice farmer helped me out.
There is some nice farmers isn't there ?

I guess I could try that one, if I got my tank dipped.
.It's fairly unlikely really as it's not a trad 'farmer' car..

Plus, an innocent air, and the obligatory 'winning smile'

Yes, I too, have come across the odd 'nice' farmer here and there..

Not such a 'rare breed' as some would make out .

It's like all these 'sorts' you've just got to know how to handle em 👍🏼👍🏼

D

Deleted member 49

I guess I could try that one, if I got my tank dipped.
.It's fairly unlikely really as it's not a trad 'farmer' car..

Plus, an innocent air, and the obligatory 'winning smile'

Yes, I too, have come across the odd 'nice' farmer here and there..

Not such a 'rare breed' as some would make out .

It's like all these 'sorts' you've just got to know how to handle em 👍🏼👍🏼
Thinking about it....do they still dip tanks ? Used to be VOSA doing spot checks now and again.Cant recall seeing them.at all in the past few years.....
That's just jinxed me now !

mudsticks

Squire
Thinking about it....do they still dip tanks ? Used to be VOSA doing spot checks now and again.Cant recall seeing them.at all in the past few years.....
That's just jinxed me now !
I think it does still happen very occasionally , but not a massive risk, understaffing as per.

Course they can also tell if your injectors are stained pink, from previous usage.

But if you've been a good 😇 boy, there's no bad luck to draw down is there .??

Top Bottom