Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

What, pay people to have kids?

China are desperate to produce kids now, as they need so many more to look after the elderly & work in the growing factories. Modern couples are having less kids in western countries too.

D

Deleted member 28

China are desperate to produce kids now, as they need so many more to look after the elderly & work in the growing factories. Modern couples are having less kids in western countries too.

Reading on here parents can't seem to control the ones they have?

Milzy

Reading on here parents can't seem to control the ones they have?

That’s what happens in the dregs of society. People with special needs & addictions have children. We can’t just go sterilise who we think may be bad parents.

D

Deleted member 28

That’s what happens in the dregs of society. People with special needs & addictions have children. We can’t just go sterilise who we think may be bad parents.

I'm not sure it's just people with special needs and addictions that are responsible for truanting kids, where I grew up it was just generally acceptable that the kids could wag school cos the parents didn't give a sh*t, can't recall any of my mates parents being addicts or 'special' they were just typical council estate scumbags.

Thankfully for me (although I couldn't see it at the time) my mom and dad both worked and I just wasn't 'allowed' to bunk off, same with my kids.

kids could wag school cos the parents didn't give a sh*t

I think (I hope) that it's these people who would receive warnings and then a fine. But in my past experience, if you're doing all you can as a parent, then you'd probably not be the ones targetted for a fine. Also the ones who take their kids out of school for a holiday, that's avoidable so fair enough I think.

D

Deleted member 28

I think (I hope) that it's these people who would receive warnings and then a fine. But in my past experience, if you're doing all you can as a parent, then you'd probably not be the ones targetted for a fine. Also the ones who take their kids out of school for a holiday, that's avoidable so fair enough I think.

Can't agree more, having 2 parents at home might be a good start.

icowden

Legendary Member
can't recall any of my mates parents being addicts or 'special' they were just typical council estate scumbags.
So at risk of emotional neglect and physical violence resulting in school absenteeism and lack of education. Family support is very important for kids learning. The sins of the parents then become the sins of the children as they leave school early, have children at 16 and fail to find skilled jobs. Council estate scumbags tend to be people born without support and who missed chances to do better.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 28

So at risk of emotional neglect and physical violence resulting in school absenteeism and lack of education. Family support is very important for kids learning. The sins of the parents then become the sins of the children as they leave school early, have children at 16 and fail to find skilled jobs. Council estate scumbags tend to be people born without support and who missed chances to do better.

When, I wonder did the 'good old days' end where people had more respect for each other and knew how to behave?

I'm assuming during these times there were deprived council estates where people had very little and probably more kids than now yet somehow managed to raise those kids without all this 'help' that appears to have been withdrawn recently.

I can only guess these wonderfully respectful times were in place during many different party's reign or did they 'come and go' depending on whether the Conservatives were at the helm?

Did people in the '40's and '50's manage to get their kids to school for example and again throughout the swinging sixties were kids bunking off in abundance due to lack of 'help'?

Both Labour and Conservative shared the power in these times but was there a marked change in behavioural patterns (downwards obviously) each time a dreaded Tory set foot inside number 10.

I don’t need your hugs, Shep. Like most of the cohort I grew up with I’m doing just fine, almost as if an address doesn’t actually define a person.

D

Deleted member 28

I don’t need your hugs, Shep. Like most of the cohort I grew up with I’m doing just fine, almost as if an address doesn’t actually define a person.

Exactly my point, did you and your 'cohorts' require 'help' getting you to school or did your parents do just fine, as mine did.

Exactly my point, did you and your 'cohorts' require 'help' getting you to school or did your parents do just fine, as mine did.

I come from a single parent family. There were times when I needed persuading to go to school but I usually did.

Some of my neighbours and classmates did need extra help. Sometimes that was provided and accepted, and sometimes it wasn’t. Those that were helped were generally more fulfilled in life as far as I know.

Top Bottom