Don't Look Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

I thought it was a fantastic film.

And so too did Georgie boy!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/04/dont-look-up-life-of-campaigning
Excellent summary of it here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip

swansonj

Regular
Watched it last night. We certainly enjoyed it, it skewers a lot of targets, but perhaps in a rather obvious way. It felt a bit like a sketch show expanded into a slightly-too-long film?

Cirrus

I thought it was very good with decent performances from all of the main characters, made me laugh and shake my head in annoyance in equal measure.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Watched it last night. We certainly enjoyed it, it skewers a lot of targets, but perhaps in a rather obvious way. It felt a bit like a sketch show expanded into a slightly-too-long film?
YMMV I suppose, but I thought it flew by. I had opened and begun to consume one of these at the time, mind...

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
I found it a bit of a struggle.
A planet killing comet, hurtling in from out there, is a less than satisfactory metaphor for self-inflicted environmental breakdown.
The cartoonishly grotesque president, tech billionaire and meeja hosts 'other' the problem.
"We really did have everything, didn't we?" reflects the Dicaprio character at the last supper, without irony.

Every day I compete for road space with single occupant SUVs being driven short distances, along routes well served by public transport, by people who quite possibly thought highly of this film.

mudsticks

Squire
I found it a bit of a struggle.
A planet killing comet, hurtling in from out there, is a less than satisfactory metaphor for self-inflicted environmental breakdown.
The cartoonishly grotesque president, tech billionaire and meeja hosts 'other' the problem.
"We really did have everything, didn't we?" reflects the Dicaprio character at the last supper, without irony.

Every day I compete for road space with single occupant SUVs being driven short distances, along routes well served by public transport, by people who quite possibly thought highly of this film.
I think this might be a problem for me too.

What was the film with the aliens who did the swirly black circle communication, who refused to go away until humanity started to work together, on its problems ...??

I quite liked that..

We really could do with those guys turning up very soon

D

Deleted member 49

I think this might be a problem for me too.

What was the film with the aliens who did the swirly black circle communication, who refused to go away until humanity started to work together, on its problems ...??

I quite liked that..

We really could do with those guys turning up very soon
Arrival ? Quite liked it if it is....loved the soundtrack to it aswell.

Top Bottom