Excellent Interview

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Happy to be corrected on Corbyn calling on Putin to from Ukraine, though Putin has long declared the Minsk agreements dead and buried so Corbyn calling for them to be resurrected is utterly pointless.

Tzipi Hotovely is the Israeli ambassador so it would be rather strange if Starmer refused to speak to her, regardless of her personal views. What would Corbyn have done? Sent her home? Closed the Israeli embassy? Alas we'll never know ....

D

Deleted member 49

Brexit appeared to suit his aim and so labour were quite unforthcoming about the logical economic disaster that was obvious to near anyone with a brain..

So Corbyn became a major cause of Brexit.
Suit his aim lol...that's a new one.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Happy to be corrected on Corbyn calling on Putin to from Ukraine, though Putin has long declared the Minsk agreements dead and buried so Corbyn calling for them to be resurrected is utterly pointless.

Tzipi Hotovely is the Israeli ambassador so it would be rather strange if Starmer refused to speak to her, regardless of her personal views. What would Corbyn have done? Sent her home? Closed the Israeli embassy? Alas we'll never know ....

Nonsense - he spoke alongside her at an LFI gathering - membership of and activism on behalf of a lobby group is a political choice on his part, which has nothing to do with any obligation as LOTO. He gifted her PR like this:

1664641212777.png

D

Deleted member 49

Did he mention Brexit much?
I imagine most of the interview underlines the strong need for Brexit.
I think you'll find that was Starmers job....and what a fecking bollox that was.
Personally speaking we should of honoured the result.It cost Labour the election.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think you'll find that was Starmers job....and what a fecking bollox that was.
Personally speaking we should of honoured the result.It cost Labour the election.

Just like the tax cuts are Kwarteng's job and nothing to do with his boss.

Brexit was one of the things that cost Labour the two elections he lost.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Of course Corbyn bears responsibility as leader for capitulating to what became Labour's electorally disastrous 2019 Brexit position - however Starmer was its architect, and you don't seem to hold him responsible at all. Weird.

D

Deleted member 49

Like I said he should of fecked off the disasterous people's vote and honoured the referendum.
If I had any criticism of Corbyn it would be that he tried to appease to many,should of been stronger there.
But we are where we are and at least with Starmer you know what your getting 🙄

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Of course Corbyn bears responsibility as leader for capitulating to what became Labour's electorally disastrous 2019 Brexit position - however Starmer was its architect, and you don't seem to hold him responsible at all. Weird.

Weirdly enough I have never said that, but aside from inventing other people's opinions, this thread has been specifically about Corbyn so Starmer hasn't been mentioned yet.

Of course he had responsibility as its designer but so did everyone who supported that approach, particularly the fellow at the head of the table. Unless of course Corbyn had no idea of, or say in, the strategy of his party...nothing to do with me Guv...which would reinforce my concerns about his competence as leader.

We will just have to lament missed opportunities.

on-the-waterfront-marlon-brando.gif

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Weirdly enough I have never said that, but aside from inventing other people's opinions, this thread has been specifically about Corbyn so Starmer hasn't been mentioned yet.

Of course he had responsibility as its designer but so did everyone who supported that approach, particularly the fellow at the head of the table. Unless of course Corbyn had no idea of, or say in, the strategy of his party...nothing to do with me Guv...which would reinforce my concerns about his competence as leader.

We will just have to lament missed opportunities.

View attachment 2215

The point is that the then leader quite properly took responsibility for the defeat by resigning, whereas the other lied his way to the top and is now in charge.

slowmotion

The point is that the then leader quite properly took responsibility for the defeat by resigning, whereas the other lied his way to the top and is now in charge.

Kier Starmer ended up in charge because he got most votes from Labour Party members (including me) in the leadership election. I imagine quite a few felt that Corbyn and his fans were a bit of an electoral liability and didn't wish to repeat past fiascos.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Kier Starmer ended up in charge because he got most votes from Labour Party members (including me) in the leadership election. I imagine quite a few felt that Corbyn and his fans were a bit of an electoral liability and didn't wish to repeat past fiascos.

Yes - he won the most votes with stuff like this:

And this:

1664653033994.png

Most people would call that 'lying'.

Top Bottom