FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They haven't made it illegal to take these precautions, so, nobody stopping from doing so, if you wish to.
You've got it backwards. I don't want to go into a confined space where people are not wearing masks. So removing the requirement excludes me from that space. If everybody is required to wear a mask, then nobody is excluded.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You've got it backwards. I don't want to go into a confined space where people are not wearing masks. So removing the requirement excludes me from that space. If everybody is required to wear a mask, then nobody is excluded.

No, I think you have it backwards. The poster to who I replied said they wore a mask to protect themselves.

If, you wear a mask to protect others, I don't follow why other people's mask status impacts you?

Plus, even when mask wearing was supposedly compulsory, we never had 100% compliance anyway, either because people refused to comply, or, claimed they could not comply.

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
Yes (to an extent, anyways)

Although this is a complex issue - thus justifying me sitting on the fence - simply shouting "freedom of choice!" is like suggesting "freedom of choice" for smoking on buses, trains, in pubs etc

winjim

No, I think you have it backwards. The poster to who I replied said they wore a mask to protect himself.

If, you wear a mask to protect others, I don't follow why other people's mask status impacts you?
Because I want other people's masks to protect me and especially those more vulnerable than me.

Again I have to ask, are you winding me up or do you genuinely not understand the point I'm making?

BoldonLad

Because I want other people's masks to protect me and especially those more vulnerable than me.

Again I have to ask, are you winding me up or do you genuinely not understand the point I'm making?

Definitely not winding you up.

I have edited my original post, clearly, whilst you were replying, (my apologies) to make the point that mask wearing, even when supposedly compulsory, we never had 100% compliance (in my experience), either because some people refused to comply, or, because some people claimed they were exempt.

D

Deleted member 28

If you're not wearing a mask then you are excluding vulnerable people from sharing the space you're in.

Masks allow freedom.
Which spaces exactly are you referring to?

The Pub, the football, music/sports venues?

You obviously think people should still be wearing masks in all these places then?

winjim

Definitely not winding you up.

I have edited my original post, clearly, whilst you were replying, (my apologies) to make the point that mask wearing, even when supposedly compulsory, we never had 100% compliance (in my experience), either because some people refused to comply, or, because some people claimed they were exempt.
Of course, but we'll have even less compliance if the requirement is removed.

winjim

Which spaces exactly are you referring to?

The Pub, the football, music/sports venues?

You obviously think people should still be wearing masks in all these places then?
I'm uncomfortable in indoor spaces where people are unmasked.

D

Deleted member 28

So I should wear a mask when I don't need to or there is no legal requirement just in case some frightened little soul fancies going into the same place?

Dream on fella.

I guess you haven't been to many places indoors recently then?

winjim

So I should wear a mask when I don't need to or there is no legal requirement just in case some frightened little soul fancies going into the same place?

Dream on fella.

I guess you haven't been to many places indoors recently then?
I'm mainly thinking about the clinically vulnerable TBH.

D

Deleted member 28

Of course, but we'll have even less compliance if the requirement is removed.
There isn't much of a requirement anywhere now anyway, what you been doing since last Summer, stopping in the House?

D

Deleted member 28

I'm mainly thinking about the clinically vulnerable TBH.
Can't see too many of those people going to the above activities can you?

So to confirm, in order for the clinically vulnerable and anyone like you ALL indoor spaces should be mask wearing venues?

Pubs, clubs, cinemas, sports arena concourse areas, concerts etc?

BoldonLad

I'm uncomfortable in indoor spaces where people are unmasked.

But, there are some indoor spaces where mask wearing was never practical (try drinking a pint through a mask, or, eating a meal).

Personally, I make a personal judgement when entering venues, there are places I would avoid, if they are (in my uneducated opinion) rather crowded. So, I suppose, my "freedom" is being restricted, in that I avoid certain venues, but, IMHO, that is infinitely better than being excluded from ALL venues, because they are closed.

Top Bottom