GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb

icowden

Legendary Member
Agreed. I do find it annoying though when people post clips claiming something which then, it turns out, the clip does not support.
However odious Reece-Smugg is, he does not at any point defend Trump. He does give air time to a republican lunatic, and a right wing xenophobic moron, but he himself in that clip does not say anything about Trump at all other than to deliver the facts of the verdict.

One of the saddest things about the verdict is that sexually assaulting someone is apparently worth a lot less than defaming someone.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Agreed. I do find it annoying though when people post clips claiming something which then, it turns out, the clip does not support.
However odious Reece-Smugg is, he does not at any point defend Trump. He does give air time to a republican lunatic, and a right wing xenophobic moron, but he himself in that clip does not say anything about Trump at all other than to deliver the facts of the verdict.

One of the saddest things about the verdict is that sexually assaulting someone is apparently worth a lot less than defaming someone.

I couldn't bear to watch the entire thing but from the bit I saw there was definitely more emphasis on the 'not guilty of rape' part compared to the 'liable for sexual assault' part.

It's possible to simply 'deliver the facts' but do it in a biased, partisan way which to all intents and purposes comes across as a defence.

multitool

Shaman
The one positive about that clip is that Farage didn't get to speak. But...in no way is it a serious channel. The choice of guests, the lack of critical questioning demonstrates that it is in essence a propaganda outlet catering to the hard right.

icowden

Legendary Member
The one positive about that clip is that Farage didn't get to speak. But...in no way is it a serious channel. The choice of guests, the lack of critical questioning demonstrates that it is in essence a propaganda outlet catering to the hard right.

Indeed. It was reported that another show (The Mark Steyn show) drew 422 complaints to OFCOM re vaccine misinformation.
Of course, GB News are likely to be able to refute this as the program in question doesn't have 422 viewers... :whistle: :whistle:

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
A well balanced GBeebies presenter going nuts again.

IMG_3527.jpeg

View: https://twitter.com/drmatthewsweet/status/1657127242726555648?s=61&t=IaNHN0MzKohAo3Ktl0DsFQ

Beebo

Veteran

This would be front page news if Lineker had done that.
I don’t think any presenter on a main stream channel could get away with posting that without losing their job.
Just goes to show how irrelevant the channel is, and how poisonous the editorial policy is.

Bazzer

albion

Guru
Maybe they are reaching out for viewers.

I thought the sane stuff, for balance, only appeared post midnight on those channels.

albion

Guru
Yes, our media are a conduit for paid foreign influence, and much being state influenced.

The money and gifts have simply moved sideways since Russia got its war.

Top Bottom