GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Record stuff? Hello grandad!

Us kidz stream our TV now. iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Disney and Netflix are in..

I still record a few bits and bobs. Especially sport, on to the hard drive.
It means I can skip the boring bits. Cycling is very good played at x6 speed during the flat bits.

D

Deleted member 121

I hardly ever watch GBnews

But you link stuff from sources such as Gbnews quite often. Without realising, you are consuming news in a different form it seems...

D

Deleted member 121

I just pirate. It provides the best service. I try to be good but then....

b15159b75cedf329aa388b17c68e9469.jpg

matticus

Guru
This move to online only broadcasters does pose a threat to ofcom.
At some point soon they will have to work out how to police this new media, including podcasts, YouTube and overseas content.

As you can basically post any old shite at the moment and no one can stop you.

Yes, we are moving into interesting times ...!

Of course the downside for GBN to move online, is that suddenly they are in a waaaaaaay more competitive market-place. There are a million nutjobs on Youtube already!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes, we are moving into interesting times ...!

Of course the downside for GBN to move online, is that suddenly they are in a waaaaaaay more competitive market-place. There are a million nutjobs on Youtube already!

They're already haemorrhaging money. It'd be funny to watch them crash and burn out of existence.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Ofcom has found GB News did break broadcasting rules.

That much was obvious but I wonder what penalty, if any, will be imposed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68596973

Five episodes of GB News programmes hosted by serving Tory MPs have been found to have broken broadcasting rules by media regulator Ofcom.
They include two episodes of Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg's State of the Nation, and three of shows fronted by married MPs Esther McVey and Philip Davies.
Politicians are not normally allowed to host news programmes under Ofcom rules, but can present current affair shows.
GB News said it was "deeply concerned" by the "chilling" decision.
The episodes in question were broadcast in May and June 2023, and included a mix of news and current affairs, Ofcom said.
But during the programmes, the "host politicians acted as newsreaders, news interviewers or news reporters in sequences which clearly constituted news - including reporting breaking news events - without exceptional justification", according to Ofcom investigations.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Seems fair enough. It's the difference between having an MP write what's clearly an opinion piece in a print newspaper and letting him/her curate the News section.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom