GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

TV news is withering, online is where small independents news outlets are flourishing. Low overheads, local news, no restrictions as such

We've been over this before. The numbers don't stack up to your claims.

CXRAndy

Veteran
1000010717.jpg

This trend is mirrored in news as well

D

Deleted member 121

View attachment 5589
This trend is mirrored in news as well

Thanks for quoting useless statistics again, although i take comfort in people watching less TV, alas it doesn't mean they are consuming less MSM. They have just moved to online resources as i mentioned last month...

These figures are minuscule compared to where most news media consumption occurs and that is on the WWW, it is not 1980 anymore...

Since you quote US based cable networks, in the US, the top 3 most visited news websites are

NYTIMES - 464 mil visits
CNN - 374 mil visits
FOX biscuits - 262 mil visits.

Not bad for being declared dead...

multitool

Shaman
I stream BBC news. That means I'm one of those that doesnt watch broadcast news.

It doesn't mean I watch GBNews or any of those other joke channels for idiots.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Veteran
Fox saw big decline, so has CNN. The trend has already started way back. More and more independent channels are gaining numbers

CXRAndy

Veteran
Barb? Lol, they use a smaller sample than RAJAR.

Go and check the viewing figures from Rajar, they will mirror the decline

D

Deleted member 121

Fox saw big decline, so has CNN. The trend has already started way back. More and more independent channels are gaining numbers

And yet GB news are getting on for £100 million in losses...

Never has such claimed growth produced such limpness.

CXRAndy

Veteran
I would agree except the data has been collected over a decade and the trend is clear..

Older folk are no longer watching TV like they used to, youngsters are less inclined anyway, due to mobile devices.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I would agree except the data has been collected over a decade and the trend is clear..

Older folk are no longer watching TV like they used to, youngsters are less inclined anyway, due to mobile devices.

Traditional broadcast TV, like tuning in at a specific time to watch a specific programme, has been on the decline for years, that much is true.

But that's because people record stuff rather than watching it live. It has nothing to do with mobile devices, it's a change in viewing habits.

RAJAR is an irrelevance when it comes to TV, so I don't even know why you brought it up.

Or why you think "independent" channels are on the rise. For a start they're about as far from independent as you can get. You only have to look at their ownership to realise they push agendas. But channels like GBeebies push ones you like, so of course you think they're fabulous.

icowden

Legendary Member
But that's because people record stuff rather than watching it live. It has nothing to do with mobile devices, it's a change in viewing habits.
Record stuff? Hello grandad!

Us kidz stream our TV now. iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Disney and Netflix are in..

Top Bottom