GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb

mudsticks

Squire
Last edited:
"He is right though- my local school are putting on a Christmas nativity but had to make it all woke about a poor Middle Eastern family travelling and looking for a room or somewhere to stay before the mum gave birth.
why can’t we just have an English Christmas? 😜"

Stealing that....

mudsticks

Squire
That was the inspiration, I think.

Side note: in his 'Coast' days my wife had a bit of a thing for him, before he revealed himself to be a deplorable loony.
Someone I know used to present similar progs on the beeb, around about the same time as Coast and the preceding archeology ones.

The story goes that the prog makers didn't encourage Neil to cut his hair, or even tie it back.
The adjustments to his tresses, inevitably required in an outdoor setting, meant that Oliver had to at least occasionally break his demonic stare down the camera ...

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb

matticus

Guru
Someone I know used to present similar progs on the beeb, around about the same time as Coast and the preceding archeology ones.

The story goes that the prog makers didn't encourage Neil to cut his hair, or even tie it back.
The adjustments to his tresses, inevitably required in an outdoor setting, meant that Oliver had to at least occasionally break his demonic stare down the camera ...

If he knows his archeology (and knows where the Coast is), I have no problem with a "deplorable loony" presenting such a TV programme. (assuming he isn't assaulting the programme makers, or telling downright lies about the history of our sacred isles ... )

Frankly I suspect he'd have looked a lot worse with his hair tied back - just IMO ...

D

Deleted member 49

Neil Oliver lol....my partner allways had the measure of him."Don't trust any middle age bloke with silky hair who wears little neck scarves" I'm waiting for the inevitable stand-off with armed police in a tent in the Highlands somewhere.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
BA42CAD0-DFCB-4D41-9993-EDE4E34C1B3A.jpeg

Top Bottom