Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Apropos of nothing, I have found myself idly wondering if the Great Culture War has progressed to the point where trans women have now replaced cyclists as the soceital subgroup that are As Bad If Not Worse Than Paedophiles.

Crikey imagine being a trans woman and a lycra clad STRAVA W4NK3R! Could send Daily Mail readers into a tailspin that.

Ian H

Guru
Apropos of nothing, I have found myself idly wondering if the Great Culture War has progressed to the point where trans women have now replaced cyclists as the soceital subgroup that are As Bad If Not Worse Than Paedophiles.

I do know a trans female cyclist, if that helps.

multitool

Pharaoh

The anti-trans movement is, in effect, a bit like Qanon, or the anti-vaxx movement, or any conspiracy theory that positions a defined group as a threat. The 'two-minute hate' isn't two minutes though, it's perpetual and these people tune in frequently enough for it to become central to their identity. You have charismatic people like Linehan and Keen accruing an army of willing fools who parrot the belief system and disseminate the propaganda. (where do you think Aurora got her library of tabloid press cuttings and photos? Just like the anti-vaxxers she "did her own research", which means reading anti-trans online output)

Just as Fauci became a hate figure for anti-vaxxers, so are trans women for the anti-trans zealots. They hate them because they truly believe their own self-generated propaganda.

Give these people the space to grow and they'll begin the journey towards thinking up a final solution.

Which is weird, you know, because there are so few of them. Trans women are, what 0.3% of the population? But then, even though there are so few, they are incredibly powerful, holding positions of such influence that they can effectively control, you know...a government.
If they are 0.3% of the population, why are you wanting 50% of the population to give up their single sex spaces? Why aren't you suggesting that guys like yourself be more welcoming to your non conforming brethren in your spaces? Or campaigning for unisex third spaces? Why are you requiring that it's all women who have to make room for a tiny minority?

Which is weird, you know, because I never get to see the really powerful ones. Maybe there are some billionaire authors amongst them, or high court judges, or CEOs, or Generals. Because the only ones I ever see look like people with shattered lives only just about surviving, wondering what awaits them if they step out of the front door. But, you know, they must be powerful if they can control a government.
I could list you plenty of prominent transwomen who are highly influential. Martine Rothblatt, Rachel Levine, Anne Jakrajutatip, Jennifer Pritzker, Caitlin Jenner; plenty of successful transwomen authors too. They haven't lacked a platform in the last ten years or so.

I can't think of when any other group that constituted 0.3% of the population was allowed to override the rights of 50% of the population. So yeah, they seem to be pretty influential.

And yes, it would be off-putting if you were in hospital and all the nurses were trans women who work by day, and by night go to rape counselling groups to make real women feel uncomfortable. And in between this, of course, they've got a bit of perving to do in toilets. After all, they've got a reputation to keep up.

Very busy, these trans women.

The fact that you mock the need of women to be away from all men in order to heal from trauma just exposes what sort of person you are. You really don't give a toss about women. There are a myriad of services just for the transgender community, which all exclude non-trans people - quite rightly. But yet you would deny women their exclusive services and provision and the right to have that choice in law.

I was wondering how long it would be before you started equating women saying No to the Holocaust. You and India Willoughby on the same page there then.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Despite criticising the thread for simply regurgitating talking points from twitter I feel like now's the time to put the last hundred or so pages to one side, settle down with a brew and read the story of Finds Them And Kills Them which just cropped up here:

View: https://twitter.com/jordantyranny/status/1622677430409302036?t=09bwit0nOb5sXbhFaVg9dg&s=19

Kate Lister / Whores of Yore has a thread on her:

View: https://twitter.com/WhoresofYore/status/1269715268982497281?t=Aba8TPhmP8IpCLQxisGOOQ&s=19

And she's in Rejected Princesses, a great book which I did buy for my daughter but have put to one side for now as it's a bit too old for her:

https://www.rejectedprincesses.com/princesses/osh-tisch

An interesting example of how other cultures perceive and categorise gender and how our simplistic gender = sex binary is not the only way to view things.

You've never heard of Caitlin Jenner? One of America's greatest athletes and gold medal Olympian? The Caitlin Jenner who thinks transwomen shouldn't be in female sports because they have an unfair advantage? Not really up to speed then it seems.

multitool

Pharaoh
An interesting example of how other cultures perceive and categorise gender and how our simplistic gender = sex binary is not the only way to view things.

I did post, pages back, about thousands of years of third genderism in Hindu culture. Trans people are not a new phenomenon.

And she's in Rejected Princesses, a great book which I did buy for my daughter but have put to one side for now as it's a bit too old for her:

https://www.rejectedprincesses.com/princesses/osh-tisch

Or alternatively, you've bought a book about kick-ass women and at least one woman has been bumped so they could include a bloke. Wonder which rejected princess got rejected again.

classic33

You've never heard of Caitlin Jenner? One of America's greatest athletes and gold medal Olympian? The Caitlin Jenner who thinks transwomen shouldn't be in female sports because they have an unfair advantage? Not really up to speed then it seems.
Is this the same Caitlin Jenner that said that(backtracking on her previous stance) when she was running for the Office of Governor for California. The same Caitlin Jenner that you've previously said shouldn't be allowed to take part in women's sport?

Pandering to the electorate was how her backtracking was seen.

Were there not enough overlooked women in history? If the author wanted to include the gender non conforming there are loads of women who had to pretend to be male in order to follow their chosen career. If they wanted to include a female born person who lived as a male, they could have included musician Billy Tipton.

Top Bottom