Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Both religion and gender identity are matters of personal belief. We shouldn't make laws based on beliefs, only on material reality.

Article 9 says you are wrong.

matticus

Guru

A Note on The Term “Two Spirit”

Two Spirit is a term likely to trip up a lot of people. Virtually all Native American tribes subscribe to the idea of more than two genders, encompassing identities such as women born as men and vice versa, as well as homosexual, pansexual, and asexual people and the like. “Two Spirit” is most closely analogous to “transgender,” but it’s not a direct synonym and should not be used in this case, as many Two Spirits take exception to being lumped under, or appropriated by, the term “transgender.”​
That seems like an excellent approach. I'm all in favour of accepting those with different Spirit to me, or more Spirits than me. 👍

And doesn't require anyone of female sex to be "redefined" as of male sex (or vice versa).
Unless I'm missing something ... ?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Both religion and gender identity are matters of personal belief. We shouldn't make laws based on beliefs, only on material reality.

Candidate for wrongest thing ever posted on the internet?
People aren't rocks, nor are rocks rocks.
Propose brief recess while we we all read a refresher or two on quantum theory and sub-atomic physics.

Our legislature doesn't convene to debate the nature of material reality, but to prescribe and proscribe human conduct in a constructed social world.

monkers

Legendary Member
I literally have no idea where you're going with this. I'm sure it will be a long and tedious journey though. You might have to go on your own.

That doesn't surprise a bit. It is is clear to me that you have no fundamental understanding of 'functional democracy'. Nor in fact does this government, which explains why there are members of the government who are openly hostile to human rights of trans people. They have replaced functional democracy with procedural democracy (look it up).

Democracy relies on adherence to sovereign law which is man-made law, and not the 'Command of God' stuff or the post-feminism era, of some women calling forgetting their joint principles along the way of seeking equality for women with men, and dismantling the patriarchy of men - the system by which women were excluded from democratic fundamental principles including civil liberties, in turn including bodily autonomy. These were the feminists goals under which old-school feminists like me, signed up and burned our bras.

This has morphed into an anti-democratic version of democracy where some women want bodily autonomy for themselves, but reject that others have the right to bodily autonomy because they are male or females with other views to their own.

This I reject as toxic femininity. It doesn't seek equality of opportunity, it's something much more sinister.

Suffragettes used civil disobedience to campaign against injustice, and to that end they won - they won the right to vote. Today there is still not enough representation for women, for gay folks, and none for trans people - none. That is enough in itself to make them vulnerable, but parliament laid down protections for this vulnerable group.

You use the same language as many in this movement, 'not prepared to be kind'. This is the euphemism, for 'we are prepared to be cruel'.

It is fascist-like. That is not the same as saying 'you are a fascist'. What it says is that there are common features between the anti-trans movement and what has been seen in fascist movements around the world, not just Germany, but others like Italy. German and Italian fascism were not driven by the same ideals, but they had enough in common to unite behind a common cause.

Anti-democracy is fascist-like. The removal of human rights is fascist-like. The language of dehumanisation is fascist-like. Propaganda is fascist-like. Control of the media is fascist-like. Silencing of opponents is fascist-like.

Trans exclusionary feminists, and the Christian Republicans have little in common, but they have common interest in demonising trans people, and they share the common tactics in pursuit of the same interest. Your branch of feminism is concerned with the emancipation of men - hence the worm that turned sketch I posted. It is concerned with simply ignoring sovereign law, or otherwise willful misinterpretation of it, ignoring the democratic principle of bodily autonomy except for their own groups. The tactics of each side include the some of the methodology of 1930s Europe, invoking fear of others, inculcating moral panic. It may not wear a uniform and boots, but its underbelly is clearly exposed.

Fascism succeeded before because although people inherently tend to be kind, they can however quickly be taught to be cruel when they are afraid.

Ian H

Guru
Part of the C of E is committing apostasy.

Thanks for the clip. What Toksvig fails to take into account is a different worldview is operating in the believing part of the C of E. Before complaining at the Bishop of Blackburn being guitly of misogyny she ought to find out why he thinks the way he does.

Her lumping the C of E bishops with the Mullahs of Iran at least shows she has a good sense of humour.

Incidentally an amendment to legislation committing the govt to support the traditional family during I believe Jack Straw's time was voted down in the Lords with the votes of 9 Anglican bishops; it would have passed otherwise. It is a piece of folly the bishops will one have to give an account for.

וְאֶ֨ת־זָכָ֔ר לֹ֥א תִשְׁכַּ֖ב מִשְׁכְּבֵ֣י אִשָּׁ֑ה תֹּועֵבָ֖ה הִֽוא׃

Well there it is! There is no problem with the translation a male must not lie with a male as with a woman. This gives a clue as why this is 'detestable' in the sight of God - a man is trying to be something, namely a woman, which he is not. Health and happiness lie in being and doing what you were created for.

Incest is dealt with separately.

You may be getting confused with a film being made that will attempt to say the 1946 edition of the Revised Standard Version incorrectly translated a phrase in the NT including the word homosexuals. It's nonsense - the underlying Greek is based on the Greek translation of the above Hebrew and is perfectly clear. You read it here first!

If there is no God (Psalm 14 : 1) then all this can be safely ignored, at least from a moral point of view; but if there is then transgender activists have declared war on their Creator, a war they cannot possibly win.
I'm not at all confused. Here's one of several articles on the subject. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/21/opinion/sunday/bible-prohibit-gay-sex.html

Because, of course, they need to be told, and don't come to that conclusion themselves. 🙄
There are lots of reasons children think they are the opposite sex. The children referred to gender clinics typically have a lot of other stuff going on, from anxiety to autism. How fervently they believe it is not a good measure of whether it is true or not. Anorexic children come to the conclusion they are overweight. We don't accept that belief at face value and help them achieve their target.

I've never read a story about a 'trans' child that didn't start with them playing with toys or liking stuff that is stereotypically associated with the opposite sex. It's odd how so many kids referred to gender clinics are same sex attracted too. It's around 60% of the girls referred. Funnily enough, if you keep them off puberty blockers and adopt a 'watchful waiting' approach, the dysphoria of most of these children resolves itself by their late teens. Even in the ones that were convinced they were transgender.

If kids and adults know themselves so well that they know they are the other sex, there wouldn't be any detransitioners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ransition-caused-more-problems-than-it-solved

This has morphed into an anti-democratic version of democracy where some women want bodily autonomy for themselves, but reject that others have the right to bodily autonomy because they are male or females with other views to their own.
Anybody can have bodily autonomy, but if it impinges on the rights of others it's a problem.

Anti-democracy is fascist-like. The removal of human rights is fascist-like. The language of dehumanisation is fascist-like. Propaganda is fascist-like. Control of the media is fascist-like. Silencing of opponents is fascist-like.
It's a good job nobody is doing any of that then. Except for calling women 'menstruators', 'non men', and 'vulva owners'. That's dehumanising obviously.

monkers

Legendary Member
There are lots of reasons children think they are the opposite sex. The children referred to gender clinics typically have a lot of other stuff going on, from anxiety to autism. How fervently they believe it is not a good measure of whether it is true or not. Anorexic children come to the conclusion they are overweight. We don't accept that belief at face value and help them achieve their target.

I've never read a story about a 'trans' child that didn't start with them playing with toys or liking stuff that is stereotypically associated with the opposite sex. It's odd how so many kids referred to gender clinics are same sex attracted too. It's around 60% of the girls referred. Funnily enough, if you keep them off puberty blockers and adopt a 'watchful waiting' approach, the dysphoria of most of these children resolves itself by their late teens. Even in the ones that were convinced they were transgender.

If kids and adults know themselves so well that they know they are the other sex, there wouldn't be any detransitioners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ransition-caused-more-problems-than-it-solved

Anorexia ~ not biological reality ~ it's all just in their heads. Dismiss these fools.

Veterans with PTSD ~ no physical injury ~ biology reality is that their fine ~ it's all in their heads ~ it's what they signed up for ~ dismiss these fools.

These don't have to be your views, just the logical extension of your views about people you choose to have anxiety about.

Nobody is dismissing anorexic children as fools. We have understood for decades that anorexia is linked to body dysmorphia and that social contagion is a real thing. We don't 'affirm' these children and say 'You think you are overweight at 7 stone? Well you know yourself best, let's give you some weightloss drugs and think about liposuction'. We explore why they feel like they do rather than immediately affirming them.

Nobody is dismissing veterans with PTSD either. You really are giving yourself quite the workout with these stretches.

monkers

Legendary Member
Nobody is dismissing anorexic children as fools. We have understood for decades that anorexia is linked to body dysmorphia and that social contagion is a real thing. We don't 'affirm' these children and say 'You think you are overweight at 7 stone? Well you know yourself best, let's give you some weightloss drugs and think about liposuction'. We explore why they feel like they do rather than immediately affirming them.

Nobody is dismissing veterans with PTSD either. You really are giving yourself quite the workout with these stretches.

I'm pointing to your own selective use of reasoning according to which ever bias or prejudice you hold. 'Man made' law avoids this, which is one reason why I posted the Devil's Speech from a Man For All Seasons. We can not prevent people from exercising their civil liberties with exceptions according to God's Law. God's Command, or from pretended powers that have no place in democracy or in agreed law.

You have no right, no matter what you think, to exclude people from essential services. Trans people with a GRC have a lifetime contract with the state guaranteeing their rights. You do not have it in your gift to say such stupid words as 'that's why I exclude them, all of them, every one'. This thinking is actual fascism; literally fascism by definition.

I'm done with this, I have four bikes. I just need to choose which one I shall enjoy riding most today. I don't intend to let you get in my head and spoil it.

Top Bottom