Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

"there has been less debate about combat sports, where the risk of serious injury and even death is far higher. Scientific research has also found that the average punching power is 162% greater in those who have gone through male puberty compared to females."

classic33

Über Member
"there has been less debate about combat sports, where the risk of serious injury and even death is far higher. Scientific research has also found that the average punching power is 162% greater in those who have gone through male puberty compared to females."
The research!
"Elk have antlers. Rams have horns. In the animal kingdom, males develop specialized weapons for competition when winning a fight is critical.

It could be resolved with a cheek swab test in minutes but the IOC have got themselves in the ridiculous position of using 8 year old rules to sanction (what appears to be) two men fighting women.

It's the failure of IOC leadership that has led to men being allowed to compete in the Women's category in many sports and the fact that they have known of this situation since it arose in 2023 shows the IOC simply don't care about women's safety or fairness.

classic33

Über Member
It could be resolved with a cheek swab test in minutes but the IOC have got themselves in the ridiculous position of using 8 year old rules to sanction (what appears to be) two men fighting women.

It's the failure of IOC leadership that has led to men being allowed to compete in the Women's category in many sports and the fact that they have known of this situation since it arose in 2023 shows the IOC simply don't care about women's safety or fairness.
They're using rules from the Tokyo 2020 boxing rules (enforced at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and the related qualifying tournaments), because the IBA are banned from running any competition in France.
Do you use rules from an organization that is under investigation, or the last set of rules used at the last event?

D

Deleted member 159

You use common sense, women are weaker than men physically. To place a female into a combat situation, is seriously risking their life, regardless of it being a sport.

IOC are a captured woke organisation, which has been kept in check by individual sporting bodies like the athletics and swimming. Else there would be men in all of the women's sports at the olympics.

They're using rules from the Tokyo 2020 boxing rules (enforced at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and the related qualifying tournaments), because the IBA are banned from running any competition in France.
Do you use rules from an organization that is under investigation, or the last set of rules used at the last event?
You look at what you have learned since the last Olympics in terms of athletes with dsd's and apply that to today. You don't bin off the entire set of safety regulations for a sport because some officials at the top were corrupt.

The IOC have known about these 2 athletes since 2023. They just thought it would slip through unnoticed because they aren't from western countries.

You'd see women (allegedly) forced to fight men because that's what some arbitrary out of date regulations say.

What ideology have I expressed there?

I'll give you a clue: none.
if you search experiences of people detransitioning you know exactly what i mean. The way how you directly place someone in the ''must be anti trans camp'' is telling.
i'm also not saying you know your in the ideology, i'm telling you it's showing and it's not a good look.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
if you search experiences of people detransitioning you know exactly what i mean. The way how you directly place someone in the ''must be anti trans camp'' is telling.
i'm also not saying you know your in the ideology, i'm telling you it's showing and it's not a good look.

Scott Newgent is anti-trans though, I don't see anything wrong with saying that.

D

Deleted member 159

Non binary doesn't exist, I don't anything wrong with saying that

Being against drugs and surgery for children and minors with mental health issues, and highlighting the poor evidence of any long term benefit of such treatment pathways, isn't being anti-trans. By your definition those against electro convulsive therapy are anti people-with-depression.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
That's a ridiculous comparison.

And one which, once again, equates being trans being mentally ill.

All I am saying is that Scott Newgent has an agenda, and that it's anti trans.

That's a ridiculous comparison. And one which, once again, equates being trans being mentally ill.
It's not a physical illness. It can't be an innate state of being otherwise nobody would ever resolve their body dysphoria and be happy in their own body, and we know they do.

How can it be anything other than a mental health issue? No one is born in the wrong body. No one has a body of one sex and the brain of the other sex.

All I am saying is that Scott Newgent has an agenda, and that it's anti trans.

Scott is certainly the poster child for everything that's wrong with US gender health care but I don't see that that makes him anti-trans people. Anti the whole ideology perhaps.

Top Bottom