Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Perhaps you can clarify your position then.

The rules of the league, as far as I'm aware, allow for trans and non binary players. If other teams aren't happy about this, they should take it up with the relevant authorities who could actually do something about it, I thought that was pretty clear.

bobzmyunkle

The rules of the league, as far as I'm aware, allow for trans and non binary players. If other teams aren't happy about this, they should take it up with the relevant authorities who could actually do something about it, I thought that was pretty clear.

So
That's not what I've said at all.
Is essentially what you are saying.
At the end of the day inclusivity for trans women means women lose out.
It would be good if we could agree on at least that basic point after 3 billion posts.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So

Is essentially what you are saying.
At the end of the day inclusivity for trans women means women lose out.
It would be good if we could agree on at least that basic point after 3 billion posts.

Not really, because my position (which again has been clear) is that trans women are women, albeit not "biological", which is the sticking point for some.

So we can agree to disagree if that makes you happy?

What you seem to be saying is they (the other women in the league) knew what they were signing up for.

1. They signed up for a Women's league. One team has now taken it on themselves to admit men. They didn't sign up for that.

2. What do you suggest these women do who aren't happy? Why should they have to give up what they love?

If they went off and started their own league (if that's even possible now) men would want into that too.

The Flying Bats with their 5 male players are now in the final, having won all 16 of their games, scoring 65 goals and conceding only 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...68531/amp/Flying-Bats-womens-grand-final.html

6 teams forfeited games rather than play them. Perhaps that's what every team needs to do, although they shouldn't have to.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What you seem to be saying is they (the other women in the league) knew what they were signing up for.

1. They signed up for a Women's league. One team has now taken it on themselves to admit men. They didn't sign up for that.

2. What do you suggest these women do who aren't happy? Why should they have to give up what they love?

If they went off and started their own league (if that's even possible now) men would want into that too.

The Flying Bats with their 5 male players are now in the final, having won all 16 of their games, scoring 65 goals and conceding only 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...68531/amp/Flying-Bats-womens-grand-final.html

6 teams forfeited games rather than play them. Perhaps that's what every team needs to do, although they shouldn't have to.

1 - Flying Bats have had trans players for 20 years.

2 - As I said, raise it with the governing body. It's up to them to decide what to do. This seems to be happening.

You have no way of knowing what would happen if a breakaway league would be successful, or who would participate. Success is unlikely if the European Super League is anything to go by, but you never know.

Teams have walked off or refused to play matches in protest at a variety of things over the years. The forfeit is generally that the protesting team is given a 3 - 0 defeat, again this is fairly common knowledge.

Should they have to? No, but it's a meaningful and recognised form of protest in football around the world and makes a very clear point.

1 - Flying Bats have had trans players for 20 years.
They've been lgb etc friendly. They haven't had 5 men playing in the Women's team for 20 years. Their own web site says it was a team in the Women's league that was started by a group of lesbians:

Screenshot_20240824_114400_Chrome.jpg

If teams forfeit games against them they're punished so there's actually not much women can do other than give up their sport.

Screenshot_20240824_114800_Chrome.jpg

2 - As I said, raise it with the governing body. It's up to them to decide what to do. This seems to be happening.

They shouldn't have to when the fundamental unfairness is so obvious. You're advocating for men in women's spaces and then saying 'Nothing to do with me'.

You have no way of knowing what would happen if a breakaway league would be successful, or who would participate.

We can guess. Men who identified as women would insist on inserting themselves into that league as well, and drag clubs through the courts to give them access.

N again

To quote myself

I have since looked up the judgement. Having skimmed it, there is no evidence that the judge is familiar with GR40. He may be so; however it maybe the case that he (quite correctly in my view) has chosen to disregard it as it has not as yet been accepted into law.
(i]note i don't known these persons but they have taken over my account for this message, no i won't say i approve of the message like Obama[/i] B friend of C here, but i don't like D he's my facking enemy.. That aside, i'm joining this ride whether you like it or not here is my shot!
So i think you don't known, what those record show, then you say you skimmed it, but that don't mean sh!t..
You should have asked the comeback kid to read it one more them before posting this grime..
But hey, whatever i say, i said it my way.

Judge bro knowns his stuff yo, he went all the way to GR40 and than turned around and said ''i don't like how that sounds''

AndyRM

Elder Goth
They've been lgb etc friendly. They haven't had 5 men playing in the Women's team for 20 years. Their own web site says it was a team in the Women's league that was started by a group of lesbians:

View attachment 6632

If teams forfeit games against them they're punished so there's actually not much women can do other than give up their sport.

View attachment 6633

They shouldn't have to when the fundamental unfairness is so obvious. You're advocating for men in women's spaces and then saying 'Nothing to do with me'.

We can guess. Men who identified as women would insist on inserting themselves into that league as well, and drag clubs through the courts to give them access.

It says in the link you originally posted that they have had trans women playing at all levels in their teams for 20 years...

Of course a team gets punished for forfeiting a game. There's an obligation to fulfill all your fixtures in a season, again this is common knowledge.

I have no problem with a team protesting as a means of effecting change, it doesn't mean I'm suggesting they have to give it up, but there are consequences.

I'm not advocating for men in women's spaces. I'm saying that as the league rules currently stand, there's nothing to stop a team fielding trans women and it's up to the authorities to change it.

That's your guess which is fair enough, but I disagree.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
(i]note i don't known these persons but they have taken over my account for this message, no i won't say i approve of the message like Obama[/i] B friend of C here, but i don't like D he's my facking enemy.. That aside, i'm joining this ride whether you like it or not here is my shot!
So i think you don't known, what those record show, then you say you skimmed it, but that don't mean sh!t..
You should have asked the comeback kid to read it one more them before posting this grime..

Judge bro knowns his stuff yo, he went all the way to GR40 and than turned around and said ''i don't like how that sounds''

Cool story bro.

monkers

Legendary Member

I'm unsure what just happened here. Is that what happens when English, Dutch and millennial collide?

Top Bottom