Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presumably parents know that when they apply and have a good idea of what to expect.
In many cases they know they will have to put up with such nonsense as the price of enrolling their children into the best available school. That’s not really free choice and it doesn’t necessarily signal agreement.

Ian H

Legendary Member
In many cases they know they will have to put up with such nonsense as the price of enrolling their children into the best available school. That’s not really free choice and it doesn’t necessarily signal agreement.

When my kids were young there was in the town a choice of CofE or RC.

Most mainstream government funded Catholic and C of E schools are pretty benign these days in my experience. Enrollment doesn't signal agreement of course but the national curriculum and Ofsted has put paid to a lot of the bias that used to be there, which is why most atheist parents don't mind prayers during assembly and a few church trips a year.

I wouldn't object personally if faith schools were gradually phased out. I think they are a bit of a relic from when people were more religious and communities more divided. The caring ethos that they are perceived to have, and which makes them attractive to many parents, doesn't have to be anchored to religious principles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
This is how a Catholic grammar school taught children about sex, a few years ago, admittedly.
This pamphlet is for private circulation only and is intended for the use of the clergy, parents, and teachers. The pages containing the separate talks for girls and for boys forming parts II and III have been perforated so that, if desired, they can be torn out and given to the child to read.
PUBLISHED BY THE INCORPORATED CATHOLIC TRUTH SOCIETY, LONDON, AND PRINTED BY THE BURLEIGH PRESS, LEWINS MEAD, BRISTOL

http://www.oldsalvatorians.com/magazines/si/01.html

I wonder when it's going to dawn on Aurora [I see what you did there - Ed.] that this shit is precisely what these MFs are trying to bring back.

I wonder when it's going to dawn on Aurora [I see what you did there - Ed.] that this shit is precisely what these MFs are trying to bring back.

Women can't talk about stuff that concern them in case right wingers or religious groups latch on to the same thing is basically what you're saying. This is, as I said before, a protection racket argument and just a way of trying to get people to shut up about their concerns. Constantly trying to align gender critical feminism with the right wing is your usual smear tactics and won't wash.

bobzmyunkle

The absolute vast majority of women don't give a stuff
But I bet they're glad you're here to speak for them.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Women can't talk about stuff that concern them in case right wingers or religious groups latch on to the same thing is basically what you're saying. This is, as I said before, a protection racket argument and just a way of trying to get people to shut up about their concerns. Constantly trying to align gender critical feminism with the right wing is your usual smear tactics and won't wash.

Mate - if you're hanging around outside libraries shouting 'paedo!' at drag performers, then you don't need me to do any aligning.

Can you point out the gender critical feminists shouting 'paedo' at people outside libraries? The vast majority of GC women are no more aligned with them than you are with the people nailing dead rats to rape crisis centre doors because they won't accept men.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/...-threats-over-transgender-controversy-3106045

Funny how you dislike the guilt by association and smearing when it's your political view it's aimed at though.

'If you're hanging around with terrorists you don't need me to do any aligning'.

download.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom