Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I feel that I am man because I am attracted to women...

That's one small leer for man,
One giant ogle for mankind.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Ouch. That was entirely unexpected.

There's a lot of screaming going on in this thread that doesn't particularly interest me. As I wrote in my preamble to the duplicated twitter thread, that subject is not the reason I read and contribute here. I just saw some claims that I thought needed backing up with evidence.

It's simply not true to say that this is a recent thing. Women's groups have been on about it for ages. Stuff like the Gender Unicorn and Mermaids 'Where are you on the Barbie scale' material have been in schools and employment training for years. These are not fact based educational lessons, they ideological concepts pushed by providers who have an agenda.

As I said before, it's no different to getting an external religious group in to teach your sex ed and letting them tell the kids they have an immortal soul that will burn in hell if they masturbate. It's swapping one kind of ideology for another.

https://archive.ph/Kui6v

These are not fact based educational lessons, they ideological concepts pushed by providers who have an agenda.

As I said before, it's no different to getting an external religious group in to teach your sex ed and letting them tell the kids they have an immortal soul that will burn in hell if they masturbate. It's swapping one kind of ideology for another.

https://archive.ph/Kui6v

Let's not pretend that Cates and Kruger, both of whom self describe as Evangelical Christians, don't have an agenda too.

I don't doubt that they do but it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that this is just about one incident of drag queen sex ed on the Isle of Man.

You'll be mortified when you discover that a quarter of all primary schools are Anglican run.

Presumably parents know that when they apply and have a good idea of what to expect. Schools are very transparent about their aims and values these days. Their academic curriculum is rightly open for examination by anyone. Let's have the same transparency for the stuff taught by outside providers.

multitool

Let's not pretend that Cates and Kruger, both of whom self describe as Evangelical Christians, don't have an agenda too.

Not only that, they founded a 'thinktank', called the New Social Covenant Unit. It is the NSCU that produced a report on sex education, in the light of Cate's claims about 72 genders and choking being taught to children.

Curiously, there is no mention of this in the report at all. Can't think why. It is the report referenced in the twitter thread I linked to a couple of pages back, and which wimjim copied, because obviously if he posts the same content it adds gravitas ;)

Miriam Cates as a recrudescent Mary Whitehouse. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

Ian H

Legendary Member
This is how a Catholic grammar school taught children about sex, a few years ago, admittedly.
This pamphlet is for private circulation only and is intended for the use of the clergy, parents, and teachers. The pages containing the separate talks for girls and for boys forming parts II and III have been perforated so that, if desired, they can be torn out and given to the child to read.
PUBLISHED BY THE INCORPORATED CATHOLIC TRUTH SOCIETY, LONDON, AND PRINTED BY THE BURLEIGH PRESS, LEWINS MEAD, BRISTOL

http://www.oldsalvatorians.com/magazines/si/01.html

multitool

This is how a Catholic grammar school taught children about sex, a few years ago, admittedly.
This pamphlet is for private circulation only and is intended for the use of the clergy, parents, and teachers. The pages containing the separate talks for girls and for boys forming parts II and III have been perforated so that, if desired, they can be torn out and given to the child to read.
PUBLISHED BY THE INCORPORATED CATHOLIC TRUTH SOCIETY, LONDON, AND PRINTED BY THE BURLEIGH PRESS, LEWINS MEAD, BRISTOL

2/10

No diagrams

Would not recommend

Ian H

Legendary Member
2/10

No diagrams

Would not recommend

Diagrams!? Pass me the smelling salts.
Why is sex-instruction given?
'Its sole purpose should be to assist the formation of the virtue of purity' (The Scottish Bishops). We must remember this when discussing methods of sex-instruction...

Wrong sex-instruction
The sex-instruction encouraged by the secular Education authorities is worse than useless.
It is becoming increasingly popular with non-Catholics, and even with a few Catholics, but it is wrong.
It is far too detailed. You would be appalled to see the anatomy charts of the sexual organs and the growth of the unborn child published for use in schools with boys and girls of twelve and thirteen. All this type of sex-instruction misses the point. The problem is not chiefly one of giving information) but of training the will.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Diagrams!? Pass me the smelling salts.
Why is sex-instruction given?
'Its sole purpose should be to assist the formation of the virtue of purity' (The Scottish Bishops). We must remember this when discussing methods of sex-instruction...

Wrong sex-instruction
The sex-instruction encouraged by the secular Education authorities is worse than useless.
It is becoming increasingly popular with non-Catholics, and even with a few Catholics, but it is wrong.
It is far too detailed. You would be appalled to see the anatomy charts of the sexual organs and the growth of the unborn child published for use in schools with boys and girls of twelve and thirteen. All this type of sex-instruction misses the point. The problem is not chiefly one of giving information) but of training the will.

And finally, the footnote on page 9 - Throughout the rest of this section, "him" refers to either boy or girl

Looks like the author of your 1963 pamphlet died in 2007 at age 90, Ian. Perhaps abstinence is good for you after all lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...ast-news/oldest-priest-dies-at-90-1481608.amp

Top Bottom