Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

No idea. You keep repeating it so it must be true.... Just like you keep repeating that gender critical views are akin to fascism.

I mean, you wouldn't do stuff like aligning gender critical feminists, including the left wing lesbian ones, with Nazis and fascists if it wasn't true, surely. Obviously the people who founded Stonewall like Simon Fanshawe, and Gay Liberation Front founder Bev Jackson, and Stonewall Riot veteran and first US Pride organiser Fred Sargeant, who are all gender critical, must also be on the same side as Nazis and fascists because you constantly say gender critical views align with the far right.

Your constant repetition of allegations about me is just your usual mud slinging, and mud slinging is your primary method of argument, in this and every other thread. It's not confined either to me or to this topic so it's very much your issue not anyone else's.
You've done enough mudslinging yourself. It gets worse when you're unable to answer a point raised, or a question asked means you've been caught disagreeing with yourself, again.

You've done it before, and you continue to do on here.

I personally feel you are underselling how bad it was for gay people and in some cases still is, but again, i am not weighing the severity of your arguments or anyone else's against it, if it came across that way, it was not my intention.
I certainly didn't intend to undersell it. I know many gay people and I don't underestimate how difficult things were before the 80's especially, are are even now in certain cultures and communities. My point was only that gay rights didn't impinge on anyone else at all. In fact many prominent gender critical people are are also gay. They remember being non conforming as children and being called girls because they didn't like 'boy stuff'. They see gender identity as being just as regressive and sexist.

It was likely through social acceptance that the law was changed in the first place as is often the case. But in any case, i was not attempting to derail the thread into one about homosexuality, although my god, this thread could sure use a blast of cool air...

That's true. I'd add though that gay rights and changes in the law came about through the gay community winning the argument and achieving public concensus on the issue, not through making demands that impinged on others.

You've done enough mudslinging yourself. It gets worse when you're unable to answer a point raised, or a question asked means you've been caught disagreeing with yourself, again.

You've done it before, and you continue to do on here.

I sometimes don't answer you, Classic, because I don't always grasp what you are asking or saying, I'm afraid. And I don't feel obliged to get into a 5 page discussion with you on some minor sentence that you have fixated on.

It is true that many people have accused you of dishonesty.

I note you didn't answer why you thought so many have, but chose to launch a personal attack on me as a deflection.

Lol. I'm not a mind reader. That seems to be your forte.

If that was a personal attack, your entire posting history is a deflection then because half your posts are personal abuse. I suppose I should be grateful you've mostly managed to confine your potty mouth to other threads.

Milzy

I sometimes don't answer you, Classic, because I don't always grasp what you are asking or saying, I'm afraid. And I don't feel obliged to get into a 5 page discussion with you on some minor sentence that you have fixated on.

Why do you think more kids feel they want to change sex?
My guesses are chemicals in the food chain & water supply. Plastics in the body maybe.
Testosterone is lowering and male genitals becoming smaller. Homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom but does Trans also?

classic33

It's not just me that picks up where you're being less than honest.
Even the very simple question of asking if I'm reading your post correct, thereby trying to avoid doubt over what you are saying go unanswered. That leaves me meaning that I've read your post correct.

As for fixation, you are the one with the major fixation. In your case it's toilets, but again you refuse to explain why.

classic33

If that was a personal attack, your entire posting history is a deflection then because half your posts are personal abuse. I suppose I should be grateful you've mostly managed to confine your potty mouth to other threads.
You're back to toilets again.

multitool

Pharaoh

From the woman who, very early on, told me I was "Shilling for rapists".

You are so full of it, Aurora.

Why do you think more kids feel they want to change sex? My guesses are chemicals in the food chain & water supply. Plastics in the body maybe.
Testosterone is lowering and male genitals becoming smaller. Homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom but does Trans also?

My view would be that in regarding to children there's a large element of social contagion, especially amongst girls, just as there is with anorexia and self-harming. Much of it fuelled by the Internet.

The numbers for adults in their 40s and 50s being referred to gender clinics are more stable, I think. There's certainly no big upsurge in middle aged women coming out as men, which you might expect if it was only due to increasing social acceptance of trans people.

I also think there is much more pressure on young people to conform to hyper sexualised and hyper feminine/masculine stereotypes than there was 30 or 40 years ago. Kids who don't fit these stereotypes are encouraged to think there is something different about them, when it's perfectly normal.

Toys and clothes are far more gender specific these days. The media promotes hyper femininity as the ideal, eg Kim Khardashian. We really are back at that point where kids who play with toys aimed at the opposite sex are now singled out as trans, whereas 40 years ago they would be called gay.

Staff at the Tavistock apparently joked that there would be no gay kids left - it's one reason many gay adults are against medicalising children, they see it as 'transing away the gay' and homophobic and regressive.

I don't think it's related to plastics etc personally. That wouldn't account for the largest number of referrals being young people, and being girls.

multitool

Pharaoh
My view would be that in regarding to children there's a large element of social contagion, especially amongst girls, just as there is with anorexia and self-harming. Much of it fuelled by the Internet.

The numbers for adults in their 40s and 50s being referred to gender clinics are more stable, I think. There's certainly no big upsurge in middle aged women coming out as men, which you might expect if it was only due to increasing social acceptance of trans people.

I also think there is much more pressure on young people to conform to hyper sexualised and hyper feminine/masculine stereotypes than there was 30 or 40 years ago. Kids who don't fit these stereotypes are encouraged to think there is something different about them, when it's perfectly normal.

Toys and clothes are far more gender specific these days. The media promotes hyper femininity as the ideal, eg Kim Khardashian. We really are back at that point where kids who play with toys aimed at the opposite sex are now singled out as trans, whereas 40 years ago they would be called gay.

Staff at the Tavistock apparently joked that there would be no gay kids left - it's one reason many gay adults are against medicalising children, they see it as 'transing away the gay' and homophobic and regressive.

I don't think it's related to plastics etc personally. That wouldn't account for the largest number of referrals being young people, and being girls.

Fûck me, you have managed to surpass even yourself with the number of tropes you've gleaned from transphobe social media and squeezed into one post, Aurora.

Top Bottom