Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's an opinion piece, not necessarily reflective of anything other than the author's opinion at the time. Of course if you are going to regard every mention of gender issues and women's rights as 'an infectious plague of transphobia', then yes, you're going to be disappointed by The Times, and probably every other news outlet except Pink News.

Milzy

That's an opinion piece, not necessarily reflective of anything other than the author's opinion at the time. Of course if you are going to regard every mention of gender issues and women's rights as 'an infectious plague of transphobia', then yes, you're going to be disappointed by The Times, and probably every other news outlet except Pink News.

Nobody has answered, if you meet a women as a man from the plenty of fish dating app, and you get to her house and she still has male bits although uk law says it’s a women and you have sex with her, does that make the man bisexual or pansexual?

D

Deleted member 121

Nobody has answered, if you meet a women as a man from the plenty of fish dating app, and you get to her house and she still has male bits although uk law says it’s a women and you have sex with her, does that make the man bisexual or pansexual?

If it were me personally, i would question my life choices and stop looking for a desperate shag off of an app and go meet people and get to know them instead. You might just be able to avoid the awkward but very real Kings finger reveal.

Ian H

Legendary Member

That is, by a huge margin, the worst Christmas cracker riddle I have seen.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Milzy has unwittingly hit on the key to the whole issue. Everything in the world must validate hetero men's identities as RSBBs.

multitool

No, it's factual.

The point of my post is to show the uptick of transphobic articles in mainstream print media...despite the fact that nothing on the ground has changed. Here, or in Ireland.

The 'GC' movement is a cult. Swap out the flags for anti-vaxx ones, look at the way people (like you) are captured and its the same.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

I'd go with pansexual. We are attracted to people, not genitals.

That said, in the weird scenario you've suggested, I'd not want to be in any kind of sexual situation with someone as dishonest as that.

The point of my post is to show the uptick of transphobic articles in mainstream print media...despite the fact that nothing on the ground has changed. Here, or in Ireland.
What's changed is growing awareness of the fact that there is, at times, a clash of rights, and the willingness of the UK media to report on it.

Noone knew that some police forces were recording males crimes under the female statistics. Noone knew of the massive rise in referrals to the Tavistock being mostly girls.

Add to that the No Debate stance of groups like Stonewall and these things went unreported. You can dismiss it as 'nothing's changed'. I'd say a lot changed, we just weren't being told.

As to people being captured, what we actually have is institutional capture by campaign groups. Stonewall training companies and government departments with their own view of the law, a trans group drafting the Scottish Prison Service policy, the IOC changing the regulations on transwoman inclusion, affecting thousands of women, based only on one study of 8 athletes.

And when the effects of all this came to light, a lot of people weren't happy. You're not one of them obviously, but a lot of us aren't happy that Mermaids were able to refer kids directly to the Tavistock, as came to light last week.

And yes, it is a problem in countries with self ID, it's just not as widely reported.

First in the Womens bike race, would have been 105th in the Mens (Chile)

View: https://twitter.com/i_heart__bikes/status/1664013863833210880

Edit: It's not transphobic to report these sports stories. Nor is it transphobic of the Times and others to report things like the Mermaids story or the Isla Bryson story. It's a shame other countries have a press so afraid to do their job and investigate.

Last edited:
That said, in the weird scenario you've suggested, I'd not want to be in any kind of sexual situation with someone as dishonest as that.
It's an offence if you deceive someone into having sex with you in certain circumstances as it's not really consent, obviously. Applies to not admitting you have hiv, having unprotected sex too. This was a Plenty of Fish meet up. Been a couple of others in recent years, similar scenario.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-65670212.amp

AndyRM

Elder Goth

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here?
I think the point is that the situation isn't as weird or unusual as you might have thought and is actually happening.
Thus people are questioning this, and whether it is reasonable to expect that if you go on a date with a woman that they are actually a biological woman.

To say that the law states that a Transwoman is a woman isn't good enough for a lot of people. You can make a law to state that henceforth all sheep shall be called cows, it doesn't mean that you can get a sirloin from them.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here?

Just that if you were to find yourself in that position, realising after the event, the other person would have committed a criminal offence in UK law because your consent has to be informed consent.

Well yeah, you have to wonder, but in this case the jury believed the evidence of the woman who made the complaint. Perhaps there was more evidence of a personal nature that the reports aren't covering (understandably). Does sound like the accused didn't do themselves any favours in their own evidence though.

I think Stonewall are seeking to remove the sex by deception clause. It's rarely used in prosecutions but it's important we don't water down any of the consent laws in my opinion.

I think the point is that the situation isn't as weird or unusual as you might have thought and is actually happening.
Thus people are questioning this, and whether it is reasonable to expect that if you go on a date with a woman that they are actually a biological woman.

To say that the law states that a Transwoman is a woman isn't good enough for a lot of people. You can make a law to state that henceforth all sheep shall be called cows, it doesn't mean that you can get a sirloin from them.
Who says so?
1685627764931.png

Top Bottom