Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I once again suggest to Aurora that the presence or otherwise of Rivers in a given facility, whilst a legitimate question, is not really the stand-out problem with the incarceration of women in the US.

Yep, that's a big list of terrible things. But it's not the topic of this thread. To say that we can't say 'Hang on a minute' about putting men in women's jails in this thread because there's other terrible stuff going on is just whataboutery.

These killers happen to be women, they are not vulnerable innocent women in a safe space exactly.
Ergo they don't deserve safeguarding? They won't all be killers. They will all be women. If you're putting a male triple murderer in with them, you might as well put a male shoplifter in with them - because 'they are not vulnerable innocent women'. They don't deserve any better than to be locked up with blokes....

Your argument is basically one for mixed prisons. And nobody in their right mind thinks that's a good idea.

It's pretty clear to me at least, that Aurora is captured by propaganda. In the UK there just isn't the evidence to back up her claims about women being harmed by trans prisoners, something I'm pleased to hear. It's almost like Aurora is wanting and waiting for problems to happen just so that she can say 'I told you so'.

Any problems with literally anything you dismiss with It doesn't happen much or It doesn't matter anyway. You actually don't care if it happens at all as long as transwomen get their own way.

multitool

Trans women don't get their way.

monkers

Legendary Member
Ergo they don't deserve safeguarding? They won't all be killers. They will all be women. If you're putting a male triple murderer in with them, you might as well put a male shoplifter in with them - because 'they are not vulnerable innocent women'. They don't deserve any better than to be locked up with blokes....

Your argument is basically one for mixed prisons. And nobody in their right mind thinks that's a good idea.

Nope. I've said one thing throughout the thread. The way to assess risk is by careful risk assessment, not by parroting shoot from propaganda sites or other alarmist nutjobs.

icowden

Legendary Member
Rational response to somebody shortening your username by cutting it in half, much?
Do you have tantrums like this at home?

I have told you my feelings on the matter you pathetc squirt of excrement. Now fark off until you can discuss matters like a grown up you moronic half wit.

mudsticks

Squire

I think that's the angle that most of us take.

But you try to keep a discussion about tackling these other very real threats to women going, and you get all kinds of distraction, dissembling, and deflection from a lot of men.

Curiously they'll happily wade in relentlessly on the trans issue though.

All in the name of 'staunchly opposing bigotry'

Ask them to come up with solutions to, or do anything real and tangible about everyday sexism and misogyny, it all goes rather quiet rather quickly.

And as I've said all through this thread the reason many / some women are a bit twitchy about giving up their 'safe single sex spaces' is because of this very same misogyny and VAWAG.

Imo, any man truly wanting to see trans-rights being upheld would do well to concentrate a bit harder on tackling the above.

I read that at the weekend thought that was a very coherent piece (and glad to see you and Mudsticks agree - that's at least some kind of fact-check!*).
It's not an area I have any great knowledge outside realising it's complex, emotive, nuanced, with many many vocal sides fighting different corners. It's a minefield, am trying understand, but there are a lot of conflicting views - I thought that article a very good starting point for the less worldly wise....

*I'd usually trust most things written in the graun, but their abject fail with the piece by Rowan Atkinson on electric cars has made me a little more circumspect.

multitool

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It's the inevitable trajectory of the 'Gender critical' fantasy movement.

Here is KJK essentially saying under 18s should not have access to abortion or contraceptives:

View: https://twitter.com/B_for_backup/status/1670511124435857414?s=20

I mean, you can spell this stuff out to the cult members, but being cult members they are blind to it

I'm gonna have to get the doge out again.

7j30pl.jpg

Just Stock both-sidesing abortion and banging on about "fathers' rights".

https://t.co/USECSY5Zjf

Not really both-sidesing. She suggests there are occasionally other rights that need to be considered in some cases of abortion and that extreme absolutism on both sides isn't helpful.

Do you think a foetus has no rights whatsoever until birth? Even at say 8 and a half months? She doesn't expand on what rights she thinks fathers should have during a pregnancy, if any, other than to hint that society expects them to have responsibility but no rights.

It's more a brief article on what a complex issue abortion can be than anything.

Top Bottom