Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

'Get in the f*cking sea' lol. I'd be surprised if your view - which is that a foetus has no rights whatsoever, literally zero - until the moment it appears outside the mother's body at 39 weeks is a common one, even amongst women.

Claudine didn't actually say any of that, though, did she.

You've spent this entire thread telling us women don't mind men in their spaces and services. Based mostly on 51% in a dodgy survey and 'My wife doesn't mind sharing their office toilet so why should other women...'.

YouGov survey 2023 (this graph is women only responses). There's no great demand in the UK to change our current abortion laws.

Screenshot_20230625_160355_Chrome.jpg

multitool

You've spent this entire thread telling us women don't mind men in their spaces and services. Based mostly on 51% in a dodgy survey and 'My wife doesn't mind sharing their office toilet so why should other women...'.

I haven't spent the 'entire thread' saying anything.

What I did was show you that when you claimed 'the majority of women' didn't want TW in women's toilets that you were talking out of your arṣehole, and you've never recovered from it have you :laugh:

YouGov survey 2023 (this graph is women only responses). There's no great demand in the UK to change our current abortion laws.

View attachment 4087

Watch those blue and red lines creep up a bit as you and your faux-feminist culture-war-bullṣhit allies get more vocal.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member

View attachment 4087

None of those numbers are 'most'. Do you understand why your claims look irrelevant? Googling subsequent to being called out and failing then to press your point does not pass for debate. Why do you never seem to learn?

I haven't spent the 'entire thread' saying anything.

What I did was show you that when you claimed 'the majority of women' didn't want TW in women's toilets that you were talking out of your arṣehole, and you've never recovered from it have you :laugh:
Your 'talking out of your areshole' proof turned out to be 51% of women in a question about sharing toilets. Which was hardly the overwhelming slam dunk you'd been making out it was up until having to finally give a link.
Watch those blue and red lines creep up a bit as you and your faux-feminist culture-war-bullṣhit allies get more vocal.
Seems unlikely but we'll see.
None of those numbers are 'most'. Do you understand why your claims look irrelevant? Googling subsequent to being called out and failing then to press your point does not pass for debate. Why do you never seem to learn?

The numbers show most women don't favour abortion being allowed up until birth (only 2% do), which is what your mate accused me of 'speaking for others' about. You've proved yourself incapable of debate that doesn't fall back on personal abuse so I'm not sure you're qualified to comment on what constitutes a cogent argument.

multitool

The slam dunk was to show you that the majority of women are not against TW.

You seem to want a massive number. It doesn't need a massive number to show you are wrong. It just needs 51%.

You were wrong. Accept it.

monkers

Legendary Member
The numbers show most women don't favour abortion being allowed up until birth (only 2% do), which is what your mate accused me of 'speaking for others' about. You've proved yourself incapable of debate that doesn't fall back on personal abuse so I'm not sure you're qualified to comment on what constitutes a cogent argument.

There was no abuse in my reply to you - that's another fallacy. It's interesting to see that you not only speak for others, but now you also seem to have gifted yourself the power to choose my friends.

Most people seem to acknowledge that a foetus has increasing rights after the stage where they could live independently outside the womb.

You've made an interpretation of what was in women's minds when they offered an opinion - in effect you've have decided for them.

Also you've modified your claim from 'most people' to most women.

Julia9054

Regular

View attachment 4087

Don't you think that this is down to the simplistic way the question is asked?
Excluding the "ban it under all circumstances" crowd, most people will be "Yes, but only if . . ." or "Yes, but excluding . . . "
We don't have abortion on demand at any number of weeks in the UK

The slam dunk was to show you that the majority of women are not against TW.

You seem to want a massive number. It doesn't need a massive number to show you are wrong. It just needs 51%.

You were wrong. Accept it.

I'll happily accept that you found one question on one survey where 51% of the women asked on that occasion were ok with sharing toilet facilities with transwomen. You can cling to that if you like but you've been shown time and time again that, in surveys, women don't want to share their spaces, services, and sports with men. And it's not by a 1% margin.

multitool

Yeah "one survey".

Just the EHRC one :laugh:

...not whatever shîte you've pulled from the trans hate sites you spend your time surfing.

Don't you think that this is down to the simplistic way the question is asked?
Excluding the "ban it under all circumstances" crowd, most people will be "Yes, but only if . . ." or "Yes, but excluding . . . "
We don't have abortion on demand at any number of weeks in the UK

The full question was 'Leaving aside medical emergencies, which of these do you favour?'. I don't think this is too simplistic, though you could argue it relies on the participants knowing something of UK abortion law already. (It doesn't say if the current law was explained before answering).

Is it the vagaries of public opinion or simply that the law is being informed by public consensus, which can change over time? (and has on abortion).

Are you saying that a foetus has no rights whatsoever at any stage during a pregnancy?

How do you feel about people selling their kidneys? Or paying to inflict serious injury on someone? These are also adult decisions made about your own body.

Is it the vagaries of public opinion or simply that the law is being informed by public consensus, which can change over time? (and has on abortion).
Public opinion and public consensus are pretty much interchangeable terms, aren’t they?
Are you saying that a foetus has no rights whatsoever at any stage during a pregnancy?
I think the only person that should make decisions about a pregnancy is the woman carrying it. Who better?
How do you feel about people selling their kidneys? Or paying to inflict serious injury on someone? These are also adult decisions made about your own body.
They’re not decisions made without coercion, financial or otherwise, and probably constitute assault. I think such abuse should be prevented and/or punished.

Top Bottom