Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unfailing misgendering a community is an abuse. Every time you do it you insult my niece, and I feel it, you sad furck.
Saying all men are men isn't misgendering. Correctly identifying transwomen as men isn't abuse. Being male is actually a requirement of being a transwoman. Again with the sweary personal abuse though.

The only person who has done any personal misgendering on here is you. You recounted the tale of your non binary friend, telling us they use they/them pronouns, then forgot your own story and called them 'she' and 'her' for a few paragraphs. Lol.

You have such an obsessive fixation with the words 'flacid penis' that being called a sad limp dick should make you happy.
It doesn't affect my mood. You seem to enjoy writing about them and saying the word though.

Just yesterday you didn't believe the crime stats I quoted and asked for a link. I obliged you with a link. I asked for a link to your wild claim. Needless to say, no evidence or link to evidence came.
I simply asked for link - which showed you were cherry picking youth stats rather than the overall figures. Wild claim? National statistics that counter your stats from one city, shown clearly in an offical chart for your easy reading.

Did you know that 31% of violent crime and homicide in London is carried out be young females? Shocking isn't it?

Nationally the figures are that 84% of violent crime is done by males, 98% of sexual assaults by males. Why you think your cherry picked stat from a set of data that's a fraction of the national data on the same subject is even relevant I don't know.

Aurora spends all her time wanging on about non-threats, but we never see her talking about the real threats to women and womanhood in general, which is people like Andrew Tate and the view he espouses, and the incels. She is silent on these.
Andrew Tate has been mentioned on here actually. Ridiculous though to sugegest women put their immediate concerns to one side until the whole culture of male violence has been addressed. Women, wait your turn.

This is just whatsboutery though, like saying why is anyone worrying about small local drug addicts making people's lives a misery when there's an international epidemic of drug culture to be dealt with....

monkers

Legendary Member
The only person who has done any personal misgendering on here is you. You recounted the tale of your non binary friend, telling us they use they/them pronouns, then forgot your own story and called them 'she' and 'her' for a few paragraphs. Lol.

Unintentional misgendering of a trans woman is not abuse, especially when a mistake is admitted to. Also look up 'audience design' Linguists will often agree that in the case of an absentee being discussed, that correct gendered pronouns and other gendered words should be used, except where otherwise adds confusion - otherwise it's a shitty thing to do.

An education for you ...

View: https://youtu.be/Kh22m1QG6i4

Why do I bother You just can't reason with stupid.

monkers

Legendary Member
Why you think your cherry picked stat from a set of data that's a fraction of the national data on the same subject is even relevant I don't know.

I made a direct comparison between two specified quantities from reliable sources - that's allowable.

The number of young women suspects for violence in London is a greater number than the number of trans women with a GRC.

That doesn't misrepresent anything.

icowden

Legendary Member
The number of young women suspects for violence in London is a greater number than the number of trans women with a GRC.
But that doesn't matter. There are vastly more young women than transwomen with GRCs. So as a comparison it only works if you normalise it by calculating the risk per capita. I'll wager that the risk of being violently accosted by a young woman as a percentage of all young women is much lower than the same for transwomen with GRCs. This doesn't mean we should be afraid of transwomen with GRCs but it does mean that we should question the process and ensure that GRCs are only given (as now) to people who are genuinely transgender.

icowden

Legendary Member
I wouldn't call it a concession. I didn't need to concede as if under pressure to do so. It's what I have always said, because it's true.

But to put it into full context, the panel need to be convinced that the applicant has taken available steps. If a person can not take hormones due to other medical reasons, then that is accepted. Likewise surgery, as I explained way back when I first entered the forum, there are plenty of trans women who have been taking hormones, but then been left to languish on the vine until a point is reached where they no longer have the donor material required for surgery.

So the requirement for hormones or surgery is not an absolute requirement, the panel need some explanation of why this has not been so before they will grant a GRC.

It isn't a case of just do nothing through choice and still get a GRC without question.

Sorry - I thought we had agreed that you don't need a GRC to be transwoman. I would imagine that the ones with GRCs are likely to be having treatment. It's the ones without who have no intention of getting treatment that present the most risk.

monkers

Legendary Member
But that doesn't matter. There are vastly more young women than transwomen with GRCs. So as a comparison it only works if you normalise it by calculating the risk per capita. I'll wager that the risk of being violently accosted by a young woman as a percentage of all young women is much lower than the same for transwomen with GRCs. This doesn't mean we should be afraid of transwomen with GRCs but it does mean that we should question the process and ensure that GRCs are only given (as now) to people who are genuinely transgender.

Incorrect. If there are two trans women in the female prison estate, one is committed for sexual offences, the other fraud. Aurora will say that 50% of trans women are sexual predators. Real numbers matter.

This is similar to the basis that the FPFW bonkers nonsense is based on.

icowden

Legendary Member
Incorrect. If there are two trans women in the female prison estate, one is committed for sexual offences, the other fraud. Aurora will say that 50% of trans women are sexual predators. Real numbers matter.
Yes. But if I put you in a room with 20,000 dogs where 2000 are known to be biters or a room with 10 dogs where 2 are known to be biters, which room would you rather be in?

Which transwomen have I misgendered? Saying that transwomen are men is a scientific fact. You yourself keep saying you aren't claiming people can change sex.
I made a direct comparison between two specified quantities from reliable sources - that's allowable.
And drew a conclusion from limited, cherry picked data. The national picture - from a much bigger set of data - shows a very different picture.

That doesn't misrepresent anything.
And what does that show exactly? That there are a lot more young women in London than transwomen with GRC's? Correct. And so transwomen with GRC's are less risk to women than young women from London? Not really because transwomen with GRC's remain part of the cohort that actually are statistically the biggest risk to women - which is men. They aren't magically whisked out of this cohort by having a certificate anymore than a man with a CRB check certificate is suddenly no longer a statistical risk.

We aren't talking about 2 prisoners though.

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2022-01-06/98878

In 2022, of 146 transwomen prisoners 91 of them had at least one conviction for sex offences. A much higher ratio than other prisoners.

I can (and have previously) quite happily say that these are mostly men with fetishes, not body dysphoria. But if you are going to insist that gender is innate and that you don't need a diagnosis to be trans, and that 'you are who you say you are' - well these individuals say they are trans so you must surely accept they are transwomen. And they have a higher rate of sexual offending than other men. And far, far higher than women obviously.

We've gone back down the crime/prison avenue though, when the reality is it's as much about dignity and privacy as safety. I know lots of lovely men. Totally trustworthy and safe. I still don't think they should be in women's single sex spaces and services.

We aren't talking about 2 prisoners though.

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2022-01-06/98878

In 2022, of 146 transwomen prisoners 91 of them had at least one conviction for sex offences. A much higher ratio than other prisoners.

I can (and have previously) quite happily say that these are mostly men with fetishes, not body dysphoria. But if you are going to insist that gender is innate and that you don't need a diagnosis to be trans, and that 'you are who you say you are' - well these individuals say they are trans so you must surely accept they are transwomen. And they have a higher rate of sexual offending than other men. And far, far higher than women obviously.

We've gone back down the crime/prison avenue though, when the reality is it's as much about dignity and privacy as safety. I know lots of lovely men. Totally trustworthy and safe. I still don't think they should be in women's single sex spaces and services.
Prisoners across both men and women?

From the link you provided.
"Of these, fewer than five transgender prisoners were housed in the women’s estate."

The percentage of women prosecuted for Violence Against The Person has increased, again. Latest figures show it at 18%, with 55% of those arrested for the offence in 20-21 being women.

monkers

Legendary Member
Yes. But if I put you in a room with 20,000 dogs where 2000 are known to be biters or a room with 10 dogs where 2 are known to be biters, which room would you rather be in?

Welcome to the wonderful world of risk assessment. Or do we just stereotype all dogs as 'dangerous' and treat them as such because we are too fark-witted to do something sensible else instead?

Top Bottom