Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You really are hard work. This has been explained time and again.
God, you're so pompous and arrogant lol.
This was a test case, Lord Justice Holroyde has ruled on it after listening to legal argument from both sides. That is called the doctrine of stare decisis.
And yet transwoman Karen White serves their life sentence in the male prison of Armley jail whilst actual females with similar life sentences are in the female estate. So a blanket ban isn't lawful - no-one said it was - but the risk assessment can presumably include the fact that the prisoner is male and can be excluded under the Equality Act exemptions....

The exemptions are there to be used if organisations and service providers wish. They aren't obligatory, but neither do they not exist at all as you would have us believe.

monkers

Legendary Member
God, you're so pompous and arrogant lol.

And yet transwoman Karen White serves their life sentence in the male prison of Armley jail whilst actual females with similar life sentences are in the female estate. So a blanket ban isn't lawful - no-one said it was - but the risk assessment can presumably include the fact that the prisoner is male and can be excluded under the Equality Act exemptions....

The exemptions are there to be used if organisations and service providers wish. They aren't obligatory, but neither do they not exist at all as you would have us believe.

Pompous, arrogant, but you forgot superior! Please don't do that again.

No, not if they wish - I keep telling you the bar is a very high bar. As @Bromptonaut told you earlier, and not for the first time of your hearing ...

The key words are 'proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim'.

This must come from written analysis which must be rigorous enough to be defendable in a court of law.

I have never said that the exemption don't exist at all. For fark sake stop just inventing shite.

All prisoners are subject to risk assessment - something you've argued against previously, but at last there's now some recognition from you.

The risk assessment is not a universal fit for trans prisoners; each risk assessment is on a case-by-case basis.

The Stephen Wood case was the result of failure. They've fixed the problem they claim.

Last edited:
The bar certainly is that exclusion must be a 'proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim'. As it should be, and as it is for all the characteristics under the Equality Act. And 'being the opposite sex' obviously meets that bar in the very limited circumstances that most organisations and service choose to apply the exemptions in regard of single sex spaces.

Otherwise the courts would be awash with cases of discrimination of men (or women) not being given access to the other sex's single sex spaces. They aren't.

D

Deleted member 159

My opinion is you are born either male or female, decided at the point of conception.

You cannot change sex.

I'm not bothered if they're gay lesbian or bi

Folk can decide to dress and behave like the opposite sex, which is fine. Don't expect the general public to go along with their overt predilections.

However men whatever they're wearing or pretending to be, cannot and should not be allowed in women only areas, changing rooms, medical wards, prisons etc.

They should not be allowed compete against women in any sport which is for women only.

Children should not be exposed to this latest craze in schools

Could you say a little more about what you mean by this? Do you think gender incongruence is a passing fashion, like punk rock or deely-boppers?

multitool

My opinion is you are born either male or female, decided at the point of conception.

You cannot change sex.

Folk can decide to dress and behave like the opposite sex, which is fine. Don't expect the general public to go along with their overt predilections.

However men whatever they're wearing or pretending to be, cannot and should not be allowed in women only areas, changing rooms, medical wards, prisons etc.

They should not be allowed compete against women in any sport which is for women only.

End of?

monkers

Legendary Member

You cannot change sex.

I'm just left wondering if it's 'fine' why the general public won't go along with it?

D

Deleted member 121

Could you say a little more about what you mean by this? Do you think gender incongruence is a passing fashion, like punk rock or deely-boppers?

Crikey, my second eldest was exposed to the craze that was loom bands at school about 10 years ago. I was finding these little barstard things everywhere for months! Beware the latest craze i say...

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm just left wondering if it's 'fine' why the general public won't go along with it?
I'm not sure we have any objective evidence either way, particularly as, if you evince these sorts of views in public you stand a good chance of losing your job for "hate speech" (although recent trial verdict would seem to have established some case law that that is lunacy).

monkers

Legendary Member
I'm not sure we have any objective evidence either way, particularly as, if you evince these sorts of views in public you stand a good chance of losing your job for "hate speech" (although recent trial verdict would seem to have established some case law that that is lunacy).

On the face of it Andy seems to contradict himself. Maybe he'll come back and explain, but I think he probably just wanted to get things off his chest.

Top Bottom