Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The best data available is for London, where street assault is commonplace - with 31% of arrests made are young women.
Best data? Your cherry picked stat is youth crime in the country's drug addled capital. Of course young women offend at a higher rate than older ones. The national picture was very different. And it's still 70% committed by men even in your own statistics.

It's about all single sex spaces and services not just toilets. Once again though we are going over old stuff as you desperately try to prove men aren't a danger to women and don't make them uncomfortable in certain circumstances. Transwomen are not a special subset of men to whom the much needed conventions of all men being excluded from certain women's spaces do not apply.

It's about all single sex spaces and services not just toilets. Once again though we are going over old stuff as you desperately try to prove men aren't a danger to women and don't make them uncomfortable in certain circumstances. Transwomen are not a special subset of men to whom the much needed conventions of all men being excluded from certain women's spaces do not apply.

We're not saying men are not a threat, they clearly are.

The question is about the tiny subset of the population who were natal males and now present as female.

multitool

The question is about the tiny subset of the population who were natal males and now present as female.

I can barely be bothered with Aurora's shîte anymore. It takes a certain sort of deep stupidity to claim that young males are being coerced into transitioning, puberty-blockers, surgery etc when really they are just gay (ie. sexually attracted to other males) and then try and present them as a sexual threat to women.

It's just one big massive durrrrrr.

I can barely be bothered with Aurora's shîte anymore. It takes a certain sort of deep stupidity to claim that young males are being coerced into transitioning, puberty-blockers, surgery etc when really they are just gay (ie. sexually attracted to other males) and then try and present them as a sexual threat to women.

It's just one big massive durrrrrr.

Pretty much that.

Sport, at least at pro/elite levels, can and should manage the issue though doing so isn't solely a matter of UK law.

Prisons - risk assessment with appropriate control measures for risks that are not show stoppers.

Rape counselling is something I'd expect the providers to be on to.

Intimate care - is it an issue now when, as happened to Mrs B when she had pneumonia a male HCA helps her on and off the commode including pulling her pants up? Monkers has with incredible diligence and patience set out the position otherwise where people are trans.

"Self ID" is a red herring. We've had people self ID for literally donkey's years. The current Gender Recognition Act specifically requires that they do so; for a whole two years.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Regarding intimate care - I was recently privy to a conversation between two female nurses about an elderly man who objected to them carrying out a procedure on him involving several catheters inserted in different orifices. They had little sympathy, saying they barely had enough staff to manage, he'd have to put up with it.

We're not saying men are not a threat, they clearly are.
How you present is not relevant. The sex you are is. Nothing magical happens when you put on a dress, to either sex.

Transitioning children and the need for single sex spaces are two different issues. Regardless of their sexuality, males are males and there are sound reasons for single sex spaces and services. These reasons are not affected by whether the males being excluded are gay, sex offenders, 'faking it', think they are women, or are the loveliest person you ever met. Still male.

How you present is not relevant. The sex you are is.

As I said yesterday, that's the crux upon which our difference of opinion on this matter rests.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I can barely be bothered with Aurora's shîte anymore. It takes a certain sort of deep stupidity....

Can hear the furious sound of backpedalling as AS realises she's dropped a bollock (so to speak).

Why do you take it all so personally?

Aurora Saab is a real person, but for this purpose it's just another daft username on the internet, like Pale Rider- or multitool.

Your posts in her direction also smack of bullying and intimidation, something which no doubt you would squawk to the heavens about, but seemingly only when the situation suits your fixed view.

A sense perspective is also required.

Your cheerleader @monkers posted a table indicating the electorate's lack of interest in the trans debate, 1% compared to 70%+ for the cost of living, with lots of other topics in between.

That should have been in the Good News thread, but it does illustrate that no one, apart from a few zealots, gives a toss about this stuff.

Provided, crucially, it doesn't overly impact on their individual orbits.

Maybe that's the cause of your frustration - you cannot gather any interest for your hobbyhorse.

But don't assume just because someone is not for you they are automatically against you.

There is a viable third position - they genuinely don't care one way or the other.

Which is where the overwhelming majority of the population sit.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Adam and Eve had three sons. Where did their wives come from? Who were their parents.

I've just explained that!

I can understand questioning whether you can believe Genesis without committing intellectual suicide, but these fake objections to my mind indicate unbelief as an act of the will.

If Genesis is true then the creator set up a gender binary from the beginning we have no right to try to alter. It cannot possibly lead to human flourishing.

This also explains why the Christian teachers discussed above don't want to use wrong pronouns and affirm a delusion.

monkers

Legendary Member
I've just explained that!

I can understand questioning whether you can believe Genesis without committing intellectual suicide, but these fake objections to my mind indicate unbelief as an act of the will.

If Genesis is true then the creator set up a gender binary from the beginning we have no right to try to alter. It cannot possibly lead to human flourishing.

This also explains why the Christian teachers discussed above don't want to use wrong pronouns and affirm a delusion.

You're right; I do nearly lose the will trying to make sense out of nonsense.

multitool

Why do you take it all so personally?

Aurora Saab is a real person, but for this purpose it's just another daft username on the internet, like Pale Rider- or multitool.

Your posts in her direction also smack of bullying and intimidation, something which no doubt you would squawk to the heavens about, but seemingly only when the situation suits your fixed view.

A sense perspective is also required.

Your cheerleader @monkers posted a table indicating the electorate's lack of interest in the trans debate, 1% compared to 70%+ for the cost of living, with lots of other topics in between.

That should have been in the Good News thread, but it does illustrate that no one, apart from a few zealots, gives a toss about this stuff.

Provided, crucially, it doesn't overly impact on their individual orbits.

Maybe that's the cause of your frustration - you cannot gather any interest for your hobbyhorse.

But don't assume just because someone is not for you they are automatically against you.

There is a viable third position - they genuinely don't care one way or the other.

Which is where the overwhelming majority of the population sit.

New here? Thought so.

It's not my "hobby horse", it's Aurora's. My position is the same as the electorate, that I don't view trans people as some sort of massive threat. However, I retain a special sort of disdain for people who spend their time trying to recruit others into a hate campaign against a tiny, vulnerable, already-persecuted minority.

I also retain considerable disdain for Aurora, who is fundamentally dishonest. Above all,though, I'm not seeking anyone's affirmation.

Ian H

Legendary Member

These are of course a sub-set of Christians.
And there's no particular reason to hold the old testament to literal truth, any more than accounts of Trojan wars from ancient Greece.

Top Bottom