Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do you take it all so personally?

Aurora Saab is a real person, but for this purpose it's just another daft username on the internet, like Pale Rider- or multitool.

Your posts in her direction also smack of bullying and intimidation, something which no doubt you would squawk to the heavens about, but seemingly only when the situation suits your fixed view.

A sense perspective is also required.

Your cheerleader @monkers posted a table indicating the electorate's lack of interest in the trans debate, 1% compared to 70%+ for the cost of living, with lots of other topics in between.

That should have been in the Good News thread, but it does illustrate that no one, apart from a few zealots, gives a toss about this stuff.

Provided, crucially, it doesn't overly impact on their individual orbits.

Maybe that's the cause of your frustration - you cannot gather any interest for your hobbyhorse.

But don't assume just because someone is not for you they are automatically against you.

There is a viable third position - they genuinely don't care one way or the other.

Which is where the overwhelming majority of the population sit.

You've been around this place and its predecessor(s) on the Mother Ship to know that AS is committed to her cause.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
If Genesis is true then the creator set up a gender binary from the beginning we have no right to try to alter

How convenient!

Pale Rider

Veteran
New here? Thought so.

Just for the record, I joined the Mother Ships(thanks Bromp) more than 10 years ago, so have been through the various iterations of news discussion on CC.

Interesting story in a forum anorak kind of way, including a few seismic shifts and the never to be forgotten Great Flounce.

You've been around this place and its predecessor(s) on the Mother Ship to know that AS is committed to her cause.

Of course I know Aurora is committed, as are Monkers, multi-tool, and all the other regular contributors to this thread.

Well that's this thread over then.

If only.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I know. I gathered that from people's (mixed) reaction to your arrival. I was being sarcastic.

I was quite pleased with the overwhelmingly positive reaction, particularly as I've had some fearsome arguments with most of those who said hello.

Credit to them, they clearly have the forum in what I would regard as the proper perspective.

The 'ignore thread' button is thataway >>>>>

Directions to the ignore Claud button would be more helpful.

Pale Rider

Veteran
LOL you know where it is.

Never used it though, and in our case it would rob the other members of some much needed entertainment.

(Ref: how you present)

As I said yesterday, that's the crux upon which our difference of opinion on this matter rests.
So a woman is no more than a costume, which anyone can wear? And those men who wear it are to be given accommodations we don't give to other males?

The problem with this is that women are oppressed on the basis of their sexed body, not how they present. If there wasn't this sex based oppression we wouldn't need single sex spaces or services. Women can't opt out of it just by presenting themselves differently.

Can hear the furious sound of backpedalling as AS realises she's dropped a bollock (so to speak).

No backpedalling. My position is consistent. There are no subsets of men to whom the normal safeguarding requirements do not apply and who should get a free pass into spaces and services where a male body makes women uncomfortable or feel vulnerable.

They aren't excluded from these spaces and services for being transgender. They are excluded because they are male.

Article by a professor of clinical neuropsychology at University College, London, on how medicine is failing detransitioners and concern about treating symptoms not underlying causes:

https://unherd.com/2023/07/doctors-have-failed-detransitioners/

Well they can, but it's the same minimum two year, more like six of faux mental-health based out-of-date journey process as trans women.

So an Afghan woman can wear trousers and change their name and get all the rights Afghan men get? I did not know that. Makes you wonder what they are moaning about. Cut your hair short, lower your voice, and off to school you can go. If African girls just tell their families they are boys they won't have to suffer genital mutilation? And Indian girls won't be married to old blokes if they can pretend to be male.

This is genius. Why haven't women thought of this before?

Women can't opt out of sex based oppression. It's sex based not gender identity based.

I've just pointed out a massive inconsistency nay contradiction.

What? That I say men are a safety risk to women and then you say 'Aha! But gay men aren't and you say transwomen are gay men!!'

Not really.

First, it's not about sexuality, how you look, or how lovely you are because a male body still compromises women's and girls' privacy and dignity in certain situations, if not safety, regardless of who it belongs to.

Second, we can no more tell who is a 'gay' transwoman than we can tell who is a fake one, or a lovely one. What we do know is that they are all men.

There seem to be quite a number of transwomen who claim to be lesbians so that doesn't really help your theory.

Anyway, enjoy some film of an Iranian woman singing in a historic mosque. Forbidden for women to sing of course; can't opt out of that.

View: https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1677005994855915537

Last edited:
98% of the time it's men. And women are invariably the victim.
The figure is higher for women charged with violence against the person. Lower custodial sentence rate though. Which is the figure, custodial sentence given, you keep on repeating.

Link given earlier.

monkers

Legendary Member
So an Afghan woman can wear trousers and change their name and get all the rights Afghan men get? I did not know that. Makes you wonder what they are moaning about. Cut your hair short, lower your voice, and off to school you can go. If African girls just tell their families they are boys they won't have to suffer genital mutilation? And Indian girls won't be married to old blokes if they can pretend to be male.

This is genius. Why haven't women thought of this before?

Women can't opt out of sex based oppression. It's sex based not gender identity based.

Yes. For people living legally in the UK, they have the same right to transition.

Remember my niece was made homeless by my sister at a young age. The rejection culture is not limited to other states - it's here.

Perhaps you'll consider that trauma that trans people face? It's no picnic on a bed of roses.

Top Bottom