Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If we accept that cis men are a threat, and if we say trans women must use either the gents toilet or one open to all, then we are forcing trans women to share a space with cis men where they will presumably be at risk. The proposed solution to the stated problem is one for cis women only, it puts trans people at greater risk.

It's men that are the risk. All men, however they identify. You are basically saying that men are dangerous so transwomen can't be in vulnerable spaces with them, but men aren't dangerous around women in their vulnerable spaces. Again this is just the argument that there is a special group of men who are different to other men. There isn't.

Secondly. Wtf? You think women are there to be human shields for men that don't want to be men? Women's single sex spaces aren't refuges for men, vulnerable or not. It's not women's job to protect men from other men. In all the years when gay men were being abused and assaulted they never pushed to be allowed in women's toilets.

It's also not only about safety, it's about privacy and dignity.

D

Deleted member 159

Experts in what?

According to you Kathleen Stock is an expert. . So expert that 600 of her colleagues signed an open letter of disagreement with her views. So expert that she can't process data. So expert that the lead author of the work she cherry-picked data from and abused publicly rebuked her.

You don't have to be an expert, just have common sense.

This is emperor's new clothes. The public has been made aware in recent months and years to this, are now standing up

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Not in my sphere

h02euZSmxqJyve7vhoRrK5KLsDo5XOyyKCYe-SF0M&usqp=CAU.jpg

Ian H

Legendary Member
You don't have to be an expert, just have common sense.

Does that apply in all areas of life?

D

Deleted member 159

Then you can not claim that is a man's job to protect women from other men or from other women can you? So you'd better tell Andy to sit down.

I never said other men, yes that can happen but there all aspects of protection.

The Home Office data that I posted here clearly shows that in the UK 55% of arrests for violence are female.
No it didn't. It showed that 55% of women's arrests were for violence. That didn't represent 55% of the total arrests. The number of men arrested for violence hugely outnumbered the number of women arrested. This is a blatant lie.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It has I suppose because their case has been used as a way of pushing for the inclusion of transwomen in the female category. Dsd's are medical conditions, some have serious health implications, but to Monkers et al they are simply a way of trying to disprove the sex binary, which in turn they imagine means Lia Thomas can swim with the girls.

I asked because the victimisation of Semenya has been going on for a long time now, and now that she's back in the news having won a case about it, the abuse is coming not just from men like Andy who have always claimed the right to judge who is and isn't a 'proper woman' based on their appearance or demeanour, but from people who would otherwise call themselves feminists. I've seen people say she's a man (and call her a cheat) because she talks in an interview about playing football with boys as a child, because of the way she sits or the way she dresses. People are speculating about her genitalia and spreading lies about how she came to have children. Do you worry at all about contributing to this?

D

Deleted member 159

I asked because the victimisation of Semenya has been going on for a long time now, and now that she's back in the news having won a case about it, the abuse is coming not just from men like Andy who have always claimed the right to judge who is and isn't a 'proper woman' based on their appearance or demeanour, but from people who would otherwise call themselves feminists. I've seen people say she's a man (and call her a cheat) because she talks in an interview about playing football with boys as a child, because of the way she sits or the way she dresses. People are speculating about her genitalia and spreading lies about how she came to have children. Do you worry at all about contributing to this?

No I said he looks like a man but the fact he has XY chromosome makes him a male

Top Bottom