Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
She needed psychiatric help not mutilation

I would add, there are many things in life that get people doing things they regret when they young and full of confusion and new emotions, especially when certain things happen that shouldn't in a child's life. The important factor is ensuring a child has a good upbringing surrounded by understanding and forgiving people who can help them make sense of the world around them so they can make choices they will not regret later.

So true, nothing that is irreversible

Pale Rider

Veteran
it's a terribly written article, sadly i entered the twilight zone to read it. It seems that she was lead

Er, it's an upper case I and 'led' not 'lead'.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I CoUld nOt gIvE a flYiNg füCk, PaLe.

Pleased to hear it.

Just because you have a less than firm grip on spelling and grammar doesn't disqualify you from criticising the writing of others.

But it's generally unwise for people in glass houses to throw stones.

D

Deleted member 121

Pleased to hear it.

Just because you have a less than firm grip on spelling and grammar doesn't disqualify you from criticising the writing of others.

But it's generally unwise for people in glass houses to throw stones.

I suppose we'll see, palie...

Pale Rider

Veteran
Even if they hit the mark?

Like it or not, the Daily Mail is put together by a dedicated team of industry professionals, yes I know you hate all of them, but we are talking about the real world now,

The Mail newsroom is known as a stressful place to work due to the pressure involved.

When you are surrounded by people who know the job inside out, you have to come up to snuff or ship out.

It bugs me a little when someone who clearly cannot write very well dismisses the Mail as the Daily Fail and dismisses an article as 'badly written'.

How would they know?

Not that Dave is the worst offender, far from it.

But at least occasionally, people should think before they post.

Pale Rider

Veteran
and all the that...

Press on down this road if you want to, but you are in for a pasting - if I can maintain the interest.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Seems I struck a nerve. Hope you will be OK...

Not really, but if you and others had any idea of the blood, sweat and tears involved in producing papers such as the Daily Mail you wouldn't be quite so quick to slag them off.

It does dismay me when I see the generally poor standard of spelling and grammar on this forum and others, because it indicates a failed education system.

Which wouldn't be so bad if that system was cheap, but we pay a great deal for it.

Lots of teachers regularly moan about low pay, yet they are turning out generations of children who can barely read or write.

I'd double their money - if they could double the standard of the pupils.

D

Deleted member 121

Not really, but if you and others had any idea of the blood, sweat and tears involved in producing papers such as the Daily Mail you wouldn't be quite so quick to slag them off.

It does dismay me when I see the generally poor standard of spelling and grammar on this forum and others, because it indicates a failed education system.

Which wouldn't be so bad if that system was cheap, but we pay a great deal for it.

Lots of teachers regularly moan about low pay, yet they are turning out generations of children who can barely read or write.

I'd double their money - if they could double the standard of the pupils.

For goodness sake. I type a lot of this up on a tablet computer which has predictive text which occasionally types things I didn't ask it to and gets things wrong and I fail to notice and sometimes distracted and/or can't be arsed, don't always proof read. I am sometimes wrong and sometimes the tech is clumsy. But let's get real, we're on a forum with double digit members, none are paid to post and we can expect our reach to impact very minimally. You defend journalists by essentially claiming stress as a cause of errors but have been educated (one would imagine) to a higher standard than myself, are experienced and are paid handsomely for it with their real names and faces attached to it and naturally, with much greater reach than this forum will ever attract. If the poor use of the English language bothers you that much (I suspect it really doesn't) then you would surely be dismayed at those who might attract a readership in their hundreds of thousands and maybe more, spreading the vile disease of illiteracy.

Top Bottom