Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Trying to smear people with accusations of links to paedophilia is vile and unhinged. Going after the people from a fairly innocuous TV quiz show for no good reason is vile and unhinged.

Linehan is a nasty piece of work.

I agree the tv quiz show thing was pointless trawling for stuff to get annoyed about as it wasn't mentioned on the show.

I don't know if you are talking about someone specific in regards to linking them to paedophilia or just commenting on his reporting of crimes where the alleged offender is male but reported as 'she'. I wouldn't call that unhinged or vile.

She's a hard-right activist and a white nationalist. At least Linehan has a track record of something valuable to his credit, whatever you think of his monomania of recent years.

KJ Keen is a women's rights activist. There are a lot of feminists who disagree with her willingness to go on stuff like Tucker Carlson to spread her message, but she's hardly a hard right activist.

I didn't read much of, nor contribute to, the CTC Gender Critical forum discussion but I think it was out of order for the moderator to moderate, and eventually close, the discussion based on what is clearly their own biased view on transgender issues.

"In general, excluding trans folks, refusing to accept their preferred gender, or promoting anti trans information is considered bigotry and will not be tolerated on the forum."

- this is an ideological stance. It is not shared by the vast majority of people and moderators shouldn't use their position to suppress discussion that they don't agree with. If the tone of discussion breaks the rules, that's fine, deal with it according to the regs. But this is a moderator regulating content based on their own political stance.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I don't know if you are talking about someone specific in regards to linking them to paedophilia or just commenting on his reporting of crimes where the alleged offender is male but reported as 'she'. I wouldn't call that unhinged or vile.

It was very specific and absolutely abhorrent.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It was very specific and absolutely abhorrent.

The only paedophile references I can find since Linehan got back on Twitter are a single reference to Peter Tatchell, a few tweets about the high profile Scottish trans identifying male campaigner (the paedophile adjacent comment was uncalled for, I would agree), and a few tweets about H from Steps using a mass blocking tool that was devised by a child rapist - which blocked half his own fans.

People can read his Twitter and decide for themselves, I suppose:

https://twitter.com/Glinner

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
KJ Keen is a women's rights activist. There are a lot of feminists who disagree with her willingness to go on stuff like Tucker Carlson to spread her message, but she's hardly a hard right activist.

Wow she must think it's weird how there are grand wizards, anti-abortionists and blokes in Fred Perry polo shirts everywhere she turns up for an interview.

winjim

The only paedophile references I can find since Linehan got back on Twitter are a single reference to Peter Tatchell, a few tweets about the high profile Scottish trans identifying male campaigner (the paedophile adjacent comment was uncalled for, I would agree), and a few tweets about H from Steps using a mass blocking tool that was devised by a child rapist - which blocked half his own fans.

People can read his Twitter and decide for themselves, I suppose:

https://twitter.com/Glinner

Yes he decided to link H from Steps with a paedophile rapist despite even admitting in the thread that the two may not be linked at all.

Linehan is disgusting.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Right-wing men turn up at her events because Standing for Women gatherings are public events where anyone can turn up and speak.

I don't agree with her in some issues, but you'll have to do better than guilt by association. For example, you have Antifa in your forum picture. This is Isabel R. Araujo, a Antifa activist from Portland. They were raising money for weapons to use to prevent the Standing for Women event. Do you happily align yourself with men planning to pepper spray women who are meeting peacefully, within the law?

FfdODQ3XEAYoH9g.png

FfdVbcHXEBInazW.jpeg

FfdPCXpXEBUE0mj.jpeg

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes he decided to link H from Steps with a paedophile rapist despite even admitting in the thread that the two may not be linked at all.

Linehan is disgusting.

I agree that was unfair. I wouldn't call it much more than the usual social media guilt by association though. H is a bit of a prat but I doubt he knew that the blocker program was made by a sex offender. I was worried you were going to defend Tatchell for a minute.

winjim

I agree that was unfair. I wouldn't call it much more than the usual social media guilt by association though. H is a bit of a prat but I doubt he knew that the blocker program was made by a sex offender. I was worried you were going to defend Tatchell for a minute.

Linehan is a writer. As such he knew what he was doing by putting H and a rapist in the first tweet of the thread as a hook. If he cared about the blocklists he could have constructed the thread in such a way that didn't link the two in such a way. It comes across as retaliation.

Tatchell's always seemed like a fairly righteous dude to me but I'll admit to not having paid him that much attention. I wouldn't take on trust anything Linehan has to say about him though.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yeah, 'What links H and a rapist' was click bait I agree. H himself put out a tweet that said 'J K Rowling is vile' so that probably accounts for the more recent responses and then his blocker use. It's quite funny that he blocked half his fans though. This tit for tat stuff is the bread and butter of Twitter.

I used to admire Tatchell but it's more his own writings about sex between adults and children, and the age of consent, that are concerning, not what anyone else says. Easy enough to google.

icowden

Legendary Member
Going after the people from a fairly innocuous TV quiz show for no good reason is vile and unhinged.
He didn't. I don't think he has an issue with them at all. What he took issue with was the programme allowing them to be presented as a Q+(?I think) couple, when they are just a straight couple. He felt that that was straight people effectively trying to devalue what it is to be gay or lesbian.

Top Bottom