Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
UK government is being sued by class action for allowing unregulated sex education lesson material to be indoctrinated into children as young as 5 yrs old
Not that I don’t believe you, but what is your source for this? The sentence reads like a sub heading from the worst tabloids. When and where is the trial?

Education Act 1996, the promotion of any idea which is contentious is unlawful
Can this be true? Wouldn’t it leave the way open for nutters to argue that, for example, evolution is “contentious”? What a dull school life our children would have if there were no room for enquiry and the development of critical thinking skills.

Are you sure you’re not misreading the duty to avoid party political indoctrination?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Utter crap, as usual.

Let's have some names and examples of this 'blatant hostility which has been going on for years'.

Don't forget, that does not include disagreeing with someone's view, even if they cannot handle it.

I'm not holding my breath because all you are doing is plucking nasty allegations out of the air - which you have been doing for years.

I think you may be overdoing the fantasy character assassination this time, nobody has as many flaws as you describe.

Heck, even the Kray twins loved their mum.

And I quite like some women, it's just that I couldn't eat a whole one.

More garbage.

I've been insulted on here more than anybody recently, which is a fact.

But I couldn't give a toss about any of it, which is another fact.

A few of your posts recently have been divorced from reality.

Maybe whatever it is you are addicted to is addling your brain, which is to be expected.

Oh, nice one. Going full bore with the insults then?

Ian H

Guru
Not that I don’t believe you, but what is your source for this? The sentence reads like a sub heading from the worst tabloids. When and where is the trial?

Can this be true? Wouldn’t it leave the way open for nutters to argue that, for example, evolution is “contentious”? What a dull school life our children would have if there were no room for enquiry and the development of critical thinking skills.

Are you sure you’re not misreading the duty to avoid party political indoctrination?
From current government guidance:-

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT)
36. In teaching Relationships Education and RSE, schools should ensure that the
needs of all pupils are appropriately met, and that all pupils understand the importance of equality and respect. Schools must ensure that they comply with the relevant provisions of the Equality Act 2010, (please see The Equality Act 2010 and schools: Departmental advice), under which sexual orientation and gender reassignment are amongst the
protected characteristics.
37. Schools should ensure that all of their teaching is sensitive and age appropriate in approach and content. At the point at which schools consider it appropriate to teach their pupils about LGBT, they should ensure that this content is fully integrated into their programmes of study for this area of the curriculum rather than delivered as a stand-alone unit or lesson. Schools are free to determine how they do this, and we expect all pupils to have been taught LGBT content at a timely point as part of this area of the curriculum.

mudsticks

Squire
From current government guidance:-

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT)
36. In teaching Relationships Education and RSE, schools should ensure that the
needs of all pupils are appropriately met, and that all pupils understand the importance of equality and respect. Schools must ensure that they comply with the relevant provisions of the Equality Act 2010, (please see The Equality Act 2010 and schools: Departmental advice), under which sexual orientation and gender reassignment are amongst the
protected characteristics.
37. Schools should ensure that all of their teaching is sensitive and age appropriate in approach and content. At the point at which schools consider it appropriate to teach their pupils about LGBT, they should ensure that this content is fully integrated into their programmes of study for this area of the curriculum rather than delivered as a stand-alone unit or lesson. Schools are free to determine how they do this, and we expect all pupils to have been taught LGBT content at a timely point as part of this area of the curriculum.

The four 'big manly men' (for which read, craven cowardly little boys) from our local military training establishment clearly weren't in any these lessons.

They bravely spent several hours doing hate crime on one of my children in town a couple of weeks back because they thought they could 'pick on a faggot' .

Thankfully he has a quite astonishing amount of self possession, and knew exactly what to do, could look after himself, and gather plenty of evidence at the same time.

Sadly some 'allies' who could and should have stepped up - chose to look the other way.

Charges are being pressed, we'll see what the outcome is.

But it beggars belief that those in supposed authority (now) over those boys haven't instilled from the get go the idea that there will be absolutely zero tolerance of that kind of behaviour.

The four 'big manly men' (for which read, craven cowardly little boys) from our local military training establishment clearly weren't in any these lessons.

They bravely spent several hours doing hate crime on one of my children in town a couple of weeks back because they thought they could 'pick on a faggot' .

Thankfully he has a quite astonishing amount of self possession, and knew exactly what to do, could look after himself, and gather plenty of evidence at the same time.

Sadly some 'allies' who could and should have stepped up - chose to look the other way.

But it beggars belief that those in supposed authority (now) over those boys haven't instilled from the get go the idea that there will be absolutely zero tolerance of that kind of behaviour.

Like but not like IYSWIM.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Sorry to hear your boy was hate crimed. It's a horrible experience. I hope the perpetrators get the punishment they deserve, but I suspect they'll get off with a suspended sentence and a fine.

mudsticks

Squire
Sorry to hear your boy was hate crimed. It's a horrible experience. I hope the perpetrators get the punishment they deserve, but I suspect they'll get off with a suspended sentence and a fine.

Yes me too all of that, I don't expect the cjs is going to make that much of it.

But I'm wondering what will happen regarding their military 'careers'.

Tbh we're both a bit 'glad' if that's the right word that it happened to him, someone who can calmly handle four (sad sack) guys threatening to kill him, if he comes outside 🙄
Then persuing and continuing the hateful, harassment elsewhere.

He seems prepared to go through with getting some kind of justice or consequences.

I'd never tell anyone assaulted harassed etc that it's their 'duty' to report or prosecute, but he seems willing, so good on him.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes me too all of that, I don't expect the cjs is going to make that much of it.

But I'm wondering what will happen regarding their military 'careers'.

Tbh we're both a bit 'glad' if that's the right word that it happened to him, someone who can calmly handle four (sad sack) guys threatening to kill him, if he comes outside 🙄
Then persuing and continuing the hateful, harassment elsewhere.

He seems prepared to go through with getting some kind of justice or consequences.

I'd never tell anyone assaulted harassed etc that it's their 'duty' to report or prosecute, but he seems willing, so good on him.

Absolutely. And in a gallows humour way, I'm pleased they picked on someone who is prepared to follow through with things, in a legal way.

mudsticks

Squire
Absolutely. And in a gallows humour way, I'm pleased they picked on someone who is prepared to follow through with things, in a legal way.
Yup.

And the 'irony' is, particularly if those guys do get consequences, is that they picked on someone who just happens to be heterosexual.

And they did that because he was enjoying a drink in what passes (!?) for the local gay bar.

But the 'reasoning' for their harassment is fully on record, and he wasn't about to go "Don't hassle me, I'm 'not actually' gay"

T'was ever thus, the lefties on NACA have never been able to handle anyone who disagrees with them.

Oh we can 'handle' disagreement all right.
If it's framed with any degree of intelligence, or a willingness to engage with an alternate view .

But it appears that if you don't like a counter argument, or can't even be bothered to read, and think about it, you'll just throw out a load of boorish stuff about how it's all 'crap' 'bullshite' 'faux intellectual ' etc etc.

It's entirely your prerogative to do that on this unmoderated forum.

But don't be surprised if others take that as an inability on your part, to engage in anything approaching a good faith argument.

Pale Rider

Veteran
But it appears that if you don't like a counter argument, or can't even be bothered to read, and think about it, you'll just throw out a load of boorish stuff about how it's all 'crap' 'bullshite' 'faux intellectual ' etc etc.

Claud's stuff is largely garbage, there is no arguing with it because it doesn't say anything meaningful.

As regards being able to handle a counter argument, NACA historty, long before you landed, is very much against you.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
T'was ever thus, the lefties on NACA have never been able to handle anyone who disagrees with them.

Do you ever read what you write before pressing the post reply key?

People on this thread are perfectly able to handle people who disagree with them. In your case, the disagreement rarely involves anything from you of substance, other than vague comments about lefties. When they respond your usual reposte is again about 'you lefties'. Of course you are often insulted because it is clear that you have nothing to offer other than reactionary clichés.

Whether your comments about being repeatedly insulted is 'whining' or 'moaning' depends on the reader but it is obvious that, whatever it is, you are the one who always mentions it...'the lady doth protest too much, methinks'. In fact I believe that is your raison d'etre on this forum, a sort of internet forum masochism. (Sorry for the internet French garbage but I believe it would even be understood on the Tynelandshire Evening News court column.)

Pale Rider

Veteran
Do you ever read what you write before pressing the post reply key?

People on this thread are perfectly able to handle people who disagree with them. In your case, the disagreement rarely involves anything from you of substance, other than vague comments about lefties. When they respond your usual reposte is again about 'you lefties'. Of course you are often insulted because it is clear that you have nothing to offer other than reactionary clichés.

Whether your comments about being repeatedly insulted is 'whining' or 'moaning' depends on the reader but it is obvious that, whatever it is, you are the one who always mentions it...'the lady doth protest too much, methinks'. In fact I believe that is your raison d'etre on this forum, a sort of internet forum masochism. (Sorry for the internet French garbage but I believe it would even be understood on the Tynelandshire Evening News court column.)

Once again you are saying nothing - apart from the usual snippy comments - so there's nothing to argue or discuss.

That you think me being often insulted is justified merely demonstrates your narrow and vindictive mind.

Hardly what I'd expect from a socially responsible 'we are all here for each other' leftie, which also makes you (yet another) hypocrite

Top Bottom