Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Are you stressed today?

So laid back I'm nearly horizontal, but I may need new reading glasses.

CXRAndy

Guru
As I understand it, if the curriculum is not government agreed then it is unlawful.

Third party companies/charities are using/creating non conforming lesson material. Therefore is not sanctioned by the government. It must be illegal.

This is why when parents have been asking for classroom lesson plans for sex education, they are being fobbed off with 'its intellectual property ' of the provider.

Will be very interesting to see how this court action plays out

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Once again you are saying nothing - apart from the usual snippy comments - so there's nothing to argue or discuss.

That you think me being often insulted is justified merely demonstrates your narrow and vindictive mind.

Hardly what I'd expect from a socially responsible 'we are all here for each other' leftie, which also makes you (yet another) hypocrite

Since this thread has become a thread about poor misunderstood Pale Rider my post is on topic and relevant.

Your last sentence is a totally meaningless cliche about lefties yet again.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Since this thread has become a thread about poor misunderstood Pale Rider my post is on topic and relevant.

Your last sentence is a totally meaningless cliche about lefties yet again.

OK, so you believe in being vindictively nasty to people.

Hardly news, most folks do when pushed.

mudsticks

Squire
Claud's stuff is largely garbage, there is no arguing with it because it doesn't say anything meaningful.

As regards being able to handle a counter argument, NACA historty, long before you landed, is very much against you.

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's 'garbage' it just means you lack the ability, or willingness to comprehend what's written.

I've been on this particular forum more consistently than you, and we have had plenty of 'handleable' counter arguments. But they are actual counter arguments, and points of view, not just someone shouting 'its all garbage' when they've not got anything useful to contribute, but just want to be generally offensive to posters whose pov they don't like.

In the other place you could insult people, and their ideas, and shout 'its all lefty garbage' (or whatever) until the thread got shut down.

It doesn't work like that here, so any poster lacking a cogent argument, or not having a substantive, good faith point to make, shows themselves up fairly quickly, and it will most likely be pointed out, or at least noted by others

Rusty Nails

Country Member
OK, so you believe in being vindictively nasty to people.

Hardly news, most folks do when pushed.

violin-tiny.gif

mudsticks

Squire
With every new contributor this thread gets worse and worse. I've got used to scanning and filtering out most of it but now I'm going to have to recalibrate.
In terms of having anything new to say about the gender 'debate' I'm very much inclined to agree.

I only joined back in for momentary giggles.

And then the 'hate crime' incident seemed somehow relevant.

And then...

But on balance, probs (definitely) got much better things to do 🌈🐝🌻💃🥕💜

Ian H

Guru
As I understand it, if the curriculum is not government agreed then it is unlawful.

Third party companies/charities are using/creating non conforming lesson material. Therefore is not sanctioned by the government. It must be illegal.

This is why when parents have been asking for classroom lesson plans for sex education, they are being fobbed off with 'its intellectual property ' of the provider.

Will be very interesting to see how this court action plays out
From the Government guidance notes I posted earlier:-
At the point at which schools consider it appropriate to teach their pupils about LGBT, they should ensure that this content is fully integrated into their programmes of study for this area of the curriculum rather than delivered as a stand-alone unit or lesson. Schools are free to determine how they do this.

CXRAndy

Guru
From the Government guidance notes I posted earlier:-
At the point at which schools consider it appropriate to teach their pupils about LGBT, they should ensure that this content is fully integrated into their programmes of study for this area of the curriculum rather than delivered as a stand-alone unit or lesson. Schools are free to determine how they do this.

How does this comply with the education act.

This is where the lawyer said the education was deviating from national curriculum.

Let's see what happens.

I think I found the section that the lawyers are going to use

If the parent of any pupil in attendance at a maintained school requests that he may be wholly or partly excused from receiving sex education at the school, the pupil shall, except so far as such education is comprised in the National Curriculum, be so excused accordingly until the request is withdrawn.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/56/section/405/enacted

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
With every new contributor this thread gets worse and worse. I've got used to scanning and filtering out most of it but now I'm going to have to recalibrate again.

Mea culpa.

In mitigation, I am waiting while the paint dries on bits of the bike I am renovating at the moment before I can get onto the next stages.

Top Bottom