Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
And for me slightly surprising as I don't remember that much racist stuff from Wimbledon 1994ish. Lots of misogyny and crude jokes yes, but not much in terms of racism.

Well, Stephen Lawrence was murdered in April '93, and by mid '94 there was a furore, so he may well have been avoiding overt racism.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well, Stephen Lawrence was murdered in April '93, and by mid '94 there was a furore, so he may well have been avoiding overt racism.
That's a good point. He may well have "toned down" those Jokes. I still thought he was pretty crap though (compared to my right wing northern friend who exhorted us all to go and see this comedic genius).

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Erm...

View: https://twitter.com/AchillFilmFest/status/1691955410817745402?t=xop1vgu94n-L0pg-zLiZKw&s=19

Oh dear...

View: https://twitter.com/PortsidePics/status/1692486131730825459?t=dAxBhmOIxsUCJAwpqf3lGw&s=19

Whoops...

View: https://twitter.com/AchillFilmFest/status/1692217432734118161?t=fgPCeHDl_UJ7dngMibVVuQ&s=19

Yikes...

View: https://twitter.com/AchillFilmFest/status/1692339343396876424?t=nAcN-7bNkMvuOX95kVzpoA&s=19

Let this be a lesson, remember to switch out of your work account before tweeting transphobic hate speech.

I mean if I was in charge I would fire her straight away but you'd probably get some whining babies crying about discrimination.

icowden

Legendary Member
Let this be a lesson, remember to switch out of your work account before tweeting transphobic hate speech.
I mean if I was in charge I would fire her straight away but you'd probably get some whining babies crying about discrimination.
Sorry - which transphobic hate speech did she tweet? I've checked several times but can't find any?
And to clarify, you would sack this person for tweeting that she thinks women should be safe?

He wants everyone to be safe, you dummies! He and JK Rowling are talking about EVERYBODY’S safety. They may not be getting it but they are not filled with hate.
If I were her being fired by you, I'd really be looking forward to a big payoff from the Employment Tribunal that you are going to lose.

This whole exchange is wilfully pathetic and fully illustrates the whole problem with trans activists. "Oh boo hoo - you said something positive about people we don't like because they have a different view to us, so now we want you shut down".

It's "You mentioned Glinner so now we aren't being your friend". "I'm really sorry we mentioned Glinner even though we meant well, please be our friend?"

Personally I'd tell Portside Pictures to piss off and come back when they have grown up.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Veteran
I'm afraid @winjim is a typical trans supporter - inventing phobia where there is none.

Egged on, of course, by the trans community, or at least those we hear from.

They bring a new meaning to the word precious, and appear desperate to play the discrimination card at every opportunity, and even when there's no opportunity.

multitool

Pharaoh
They bring a new meaning to the word precious, and appear desperate to play the discrimination card at every opportunity, and even when there's no opportunity.

Sounds to me like you might be trans, by your own definition. :laugh:

icowden

Legendary Member
There's no hate speech in her tweet. Just absolute naivety about Linehan, who very clearly and loudly does hate trans people
I'm not convinced that he does. He seems to hate the suppression of free speech and the suppression of any questions about women's rights, surgical intervention on children and young people etc. He does often overstep the mark in attacking the attackers IMHO, and can get pretty nasty in that sense but I'm not convinced that he hates trans people.

multitool

Pharaoh
I'm not convinced that he does. He seems to hate the suppression of free speech and the suppression of any questions about women's rights, surgical intervention on children and young people etc. He does often overstep the mark in attacking the attackers IMHO, and can get pretty nasty in that sense but I'm not convinced that he hates trans people.

Oh I think he does, but I also think he's mentally ill. I've watched some of his weird videos with that cast of utter freaks. He doesn't try very hard to hide the hate.

That said, I do think you might have a higher threshold than me for what you consider to be hate speech.

We both know that we see this whole issue from opposite angles.

icowden

Legendary Member
Oh I think he does, but I also think he's mentally ill. I've watched some of his weird videos with that cast of utter freaks. He doesn't try very hard to hide the hate.
I haven't watched the videos, but I don't disagree with you that he may be mentally ill. He certainly goes far too far in what he does, which actually undermines his position a lot.
That said, I do think you might have a higher threshold than me for what you consider to be hate speech.
We both know that we see this whole issue from opposite angles.
Both fair points.

Top Bottom