Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's not just the BBC either! Her record label aren't happy and some of her concerts have been cancelled too! When will this woke ideology madness end?!

Her apology says quite a lot really, essentially admitting she didn't have a scooby what she was on about and somehow not realising there would be a backlash. You'd think that people in the public eye would be a bit more sensible these days, but apparently not.

Another artist cancelled by the BBC for stating their beliefs about puberty blockers and child mutilation

You think these large organisations haven't been infiltrated by trans ideology

Who is this artist?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I like the difference between the Independent and Mail (who couldn't resist slipping "woke" in there).

There's a hilariously meltdowny thread on Mumsnet about it too.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
Why "oh dear"? No one has claimed otherwise.

What has been pointed out (repeatedly) is that just because Nazis turn up and support your rally, it does not follow that the person running the rally is supporting the Nazis. Thus it would be wrong to call KJK a Nazi sympathiser for example. They also noted that the story was one sided and that no attempt was made to interview anyone from the GC movement - but did not penalise RMZ because they swiftly moved to correct this.

The far right lot are turning up for a very different reason to those who support freedom of speech and discussion, and question whether the rights of trans people are being fairly balanced with the long held and hard won rights that women have achieved.

CXRAndy

Guru
You'd think that people in the public eye would be a bit more sensible these days, but apparently not.

I understand the argument. But no one should be cancelled for having personal beliefs. They are not extreme in this case. I've not heard of any element of violence or retaliation, just she thinks puberty blockers should not be administered to children. Big pharmaceutical making huge amounts of life long drug supply

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I understand the argument. But no one should be cancelled for having personal beliefs. They are not extreme in this case. I've not heard of any element of violence or retaliation, just she thinks puberty blockers should not be administered to children. Big pharmaceutical making huge amounts of life long drug supply

I agree, but that's not the reality of the world we live in. Her beliefs are what they are, but she should have been savvy enough to know that there'd be fallout.

Ian H

Guru
Why "oh dear"? No one has claimed otherwise.

What has been pointed out (repeatedly) is that just because Nazis turn up and support your rally, it does not follow that the person running the rally is supporting the Nazis. Thus it would be wrong to call KJK a Nazi sympathiser for example. They also noted that the story was one sided and that no attempt was made to interview anyone from the GC movement - but did not penalise RMZ because they swiftly moved to correct this.

The far right lot are turning up for a very different reason to those who support freedom of speech and discussion, and question whether the rights of trans people are being fairly balanced with the long held and hard won rights that women have achieved.

There's that photo of her pinning a microphone on the Proud Boy's shirt so he can speak on her platform.

CXRAndy

Guru
The same happened to Jordan Peterson. Far right turned up at his events.

With his quick articulate responses, shot down the accusations dead

Top Bottom