Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Here's their website. They describe themselves as "I'm an intersex, queer, trauma informed, yogi, coach, and witch". Doesn't mention the word trans once, as far as I can see.
https://iamlimitlyss.com/about-us/

Lyss says that she is biologically male, takes female hormones, has natural breasts, and lives as a woman, and describes herself as 'queer'.

If she isn't trans, then you must be saying that this biologically male person is a woman without being trans. How does that work? Perhaps you are now saying that women don't have to be biologically female after all.

CXRAndy

Guru
Its still medical condition from birth. There will be many conditions from birth that are not illnesses

Lyss says that she is biologically male, takes female hormones, has natural breasts, and lives as a woman, and describes herself as 'queer'.

If she isn't trans, then you must be saying that this biologically male person is a woman without being trans. How does that work? Perhaps you are now saying that women don't have to be biologically female after all.

Why are you calling someone trans when they don't use that word to describe themselves? Lyss isn't a woman if they are biologically male.
I use 'they' as a pronoun for people who say they are transgender all the time on here BTW. It says nothing about what sex I think they are.

What the doctors thought was a hernia turned out to be testes by the way according to the news report.

Your whole attempt here is to conflate people with dsd's - which are a medical conditions, often with serious implications - with those who simply identify as women. This is to try to extrapolate the sympathy that anybody would have for those with dsd's to men who don't have these conditions, and present both things as somehow the same. The logic being if we accept someone with a rare dsd as a woman, why can't any man be a woman?

They are not the same; they are not both variations of the same thing. Dsd's are relatively rare conditions. There are male dsd's and female dsd's. They have nothing to do with other non dsd individual's subjective view of their birth sex or desire not to be that sex.

monkers

Legendary Member
Its still medical condition from birth. There will be many conditions from birth that are not illnesses

So you continue to like to say, but that isn't the view of the medical profession.

People who are intersex have reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t fit into an exclusively male or female (binary) sex classification. Intersex traits might be apparent when a person’s born, but they might not appear until later (during puberty or even adulthood). You may never notice their intersex traits externally and you might only find out about them after a surgery or imaging test.

In the past, being intersex was known as having a disorder of sex development (DSD), and you might see it referred to this way in some places. But being intersex isn’t a disorder, disease or condition. Being intersex doesn’t mean you need any special treatments or care. But some people who are intersex choose gender affirmation options if their gender doesn’t match the one they were assigned at birth.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/16324-intersex

There's a reason that you continue to like to say it. Ask yourself why that is.

monkers

Legendary Member
Why are you calling someone trans when they don't use that word to describe themselves?

I'm calling Lyss a woman.

But I'm also playing back to you your words across this entire thread and you are not liking it.

According to you, people who are biologically male are all men. We've heard from you that a woman has to be female - you know full set, DNA, chromosomes, gametes, genitals.

Lyss lives socially as a woman.

How can it be that you are picking me up for saying that she is trans? I'm using your definitions to say that rather than mine. My view is that Lyss is very much a woman. Also, trans women are women.

That's one institution's view, though even that goes on to list a range of medical issues that dsd's can cause. I note that the sources referenced for the article are advocacy groups, including Amnesty International, not medical references. US institutions are prone to this type of presenting advocacy as facts. The NHS calls dsds 'rare conditions'.

Screenshot_20231008_211022_Chrome.jpg

According to you, people who are biologically male are all men. We've heard from you that a woman has to be female - you know full set, DNA, chromosomes, gametes, genitals.
Yes, it's about biology. That's what sex is. Even people with dsd's are either male or female.

Lyss lives socially as a woman.
What does that even mean, other than 'Lyss daily conforms to stereotypes we are conditioned to associate with being a woman'? The only way to 'live' as a woman is by being a woman and being alive. That's literally all it is. It can only ever be an embodied experience. Everything else is stereotypes.

How can it be that you are picking me up for saying that she is trans? I'm using your definitions to say that rather than mine. My view is that Lyss is very much a woman. Also, trans women are women.

Because nowhere does Lyss call themselves trans, that I can find anyway. So seems rather cheeky of you to attach that label to them. Again though, it's you recruiting someone else's difficulties - which are the result of genetic conditions - to further the cause of men who don't have any one of those many conditions.

classic33

That's one institution's view, though even that goes on to list a range of medical issues that dsd's can cause. I note that the sources referenced for the article are advocacy groups, including Amnesty International, not medical references. US institutions are prone to this type of presenting advocacy as facts. The NHS calls dsds 'rare conditions'.

View attachment 4703

Yes, it's about biology. That's what sex is. Even people with dsd's are either male or female.

What does that even mean, other than 'Lyss daily conforms to stereotypes we are conditioned to associate with being a woman'? The only way to 'live' as a woman is by being a woman and being alive. That's literally all it is. It can only ever be an embodied experience. Everything else is stereotypes.

Because nowhere does Lyss call themselves trans, that I can find anyway. So seems rather cheeky of you to attach that label to them. Again though, it's you recruiting someone else's difficulties - which are the result of genetic conditions - to further the cause of men who don't have any one of those many conditions.
The Cleveland Clinic isn't an institution in the way you are trying to make out. They are also fully equipped medical hospitals.

If being trans is neither an illness nor a mental health issue, why does it require a lifetime of drugs and often surgery? Which other non illnesses do we treat by removing healthy body parts?

classic33

If being trans is neither an illness nor a mental health issue, why does it require a lifetime of drugs and often surgery? Which other non illnesses do we treat by removing healthy body parts?
Clarify that first part!
And state your own qualifications in both fields, for being able to say that.

Top Bottom