Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is if you try to order those groups between two extreme points. Our extremists are the Nazis on one side and those advocating killing and raping TERFs on the other side. These groups are extremist. It's difficult to work out where the sexual deviants fit in - I've suggested between the TERF killers and those generally who think Trans rights are more important than women's rights.

You might find it more helpful to think of it as a multi-dimensional scatter plot (if you insist on pursuing this line).

icowden

Legendary Member
- all 'TERFs' are radical.
Really? I don't think JK Rowling is that radical myself. A lot of people labelled TERF are what we might once have called normal people capable of some sensible thinking and with active questions that they'd really like to talk about to gain a better understanding.
You've completed missed other groupings
Feel free to supply.

monkers

Legendary Member
Really? I don't think JK Rowling is that radical myself. A lot of people labelled TERF are what we might once have called normal people capable of some sensible thinking and with active questions that they'd really like to talk about to gain a better understanding.

Feel free to supply.

What do you think the 'R' in 'TERF' stands for? Is Rowling even a feminist? I don't know that she is especially.

Groupings. Haven't you been reading the thread?

CXRAndy

Guru
Mentally disturbed child, lacking in physical social interaction, prefer to be gaming in the formative years

Psychiatric practitioner parent.

One can only wonder those conversations.

mudsticks

Squire
Mentally disturbed child, lacking in physical social interaction, prefer to be gaming in the formative years

Wow, I can only hope for their sake that none of your kids is gender questioning.

I can't imagine them wanting to have any sort of conversation with you.

'Prefer to be gaming'

You do know what D&D is, right ?

Pale Rider

Veteran

It does look as if the parents are trying to hang the death on whatever treatment the child did or did not receive.

You do know what D&D is, right ?

Blimey, the kid wasn't nicked for drunk and disorderly as well?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment

I don't think there is enough information to say what exactly went on. It's only my personal view but it doesn't seem right to me to indulge in speculation as to what happened when parents are grieving for a lost child. The (basically) two views of this issue each blaming the other for it.

The poster of that video, Lyss, literally has 'intersex' in their bio/profile on Instagram and TikTok. The same video is here, clearly stating they are intersex, ie have a dsd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-biologically-man-11-thought-period-talk.html

Their case is more an indictment of the US health system and lack of parental knowledge than anything else. Parent and hospital realise at 11 months that the baby has a dsd and is biologically male, but either treatment is too expensive or the parent is too invested already in having a girl and thinks it will be ok to raise them as a girl as they have ambiguous genitalia. Child isn't told until puberty. Starts female hormones at 11 - I would imagine the child had no input into that decision or any ability to understand possible long term consequences - putting them on a path that it would be very difficult to divert from.

Either through ignorance or well-meaning, the parent and medics are at fault here. Without knowing the specifics of this dsd it's not possible to say exactly which one it is, but every child with a dsd has the right to know their birth sex and to be given appropriate care from that point. It shouldn't be sprung on them at 11 when it would be difficult to do anything other than continue along the path your parent had chosen/established for you.

I doubt this would have happened in the UK, even 30 years ago.

monkers

Legendary Member
The poster of that video, Lyss, literally has 'intersex' in their bio/profile on Instagram and TikTok. The same video is here, clearly stating they are intersex, ie have a dsd.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-biologically-man-11-thought-period-talk.html

Their case is more an indictment of the US health system and lack of parental knowledge than anything else. Parent and hospital realise at 11 months that the baby has a dsd and is biologically male, but either treatment is too expensive or the parent is too invested already in having a girl and thinks it will be ok to raise them as a girl as they have ambiguous genitalia. Child isn't told until puberty. Starts female hormones at 11 - I would imagine the child had no input into that decision or any ability to understand possible long term consequences - putting them on a path that it would be very difficult to divert from.

Either through ignorance or well-meaning, the parent and medics are at fault here. Without knowing the specifics of this dsd it's not possible to say exactly which one it is, but every child with a dsd has the right to know their birth sex and to be given appropriate care from that point. It shouldn't be sprung on them at 11 when it would be difficult to do anything other than continue along the path your parent had chosen/established for you.

I doubt this would have happened in the UK, even 30 years ago.

How did you manage such a lack of understanding? Did you not read? Where is the emotional intelligence?

Top Bottom