Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Neither is there any evidence that there is. Please do not mention the Swedish study again as the original author must believe by now that those who keep saying that it says what it doesn't must be morons.

The author has never explained why she now contradicts the actual stats of her own research. She seems to be the only one of the group (4 authors, I think) to do so. There's really no evidence that transwomen have anything other than male pattern offending.

In the case of street violence, the victims of violence by men is against other men, your figures do not reflect this.
In terms of recorded arrests, violent crime is almost exclusively a male born thing. The sex of the victim will vary due to circumstances and the specific nature of the violence, eg pub fight or domestic violence.
The figures from the Met police seem still to be the most detailed available. Please don't say again that we should ignore London, as if the gender difference for violence is somehow much different to other parts of the country, because that is obvious nonsense.
You cherry picked a specific category - youth crime amongst young women/teens in London in a specific year - in order to try to prove that women are as bad as men when it comes to overall violent crime. The national figures - and common sense - show that is not a true picture, either nationally or over decades.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just a word on this last sentence. This is something that has been pointed out to you before. That is, trawling the internet in order to find the odd exceptional case from some part of the world does not make the case of a precedence. Neither is it reasonable to use this to generate a stereotype of one particular group or community. Please do kindly listen to your own words.
She did. It wasn't Aurora that brought up Bevan. She was brought up as an example that women can rape people. Have a word with @classic33 who brought this part of the discussion into play.

It's a good idea to read the whole thread rather than pick selective arguments, no?

monkers

Legendary Member
The author has never explained why she now contradicts the actual stats of her own research. She seems to be the only one of the group (4 authors, I think) to do so. There's really no evidence that transwomen have anything other than male pattern offending.

As I said, there is no evidence either way, so no such conclusion can be drawn. I'll elaborate in my next post.

monkers

Legendary Member
By offence:
View attachment 4945

Made as a separate post as it seems harder to add images on CC without messing up the formatting at the moment.

If you care to look at your own evidence you'll see that you've managed to undo yourself once more.

The data for the period reported is not for just male and female, but also for 'other' and 'unknown'. According to you we ought to see a grey stripe for those in the 'other' category, but the data shows no grey stripes in the data, or otherwise that they are too thin to see.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
She did. It wasn't Aurora that brought up Bevan. She was brought up as an example that women can rape people. Have a word with @classic33 who brought this part of the discussion into play.

It's a good idea to read the whole thread rather than pick selective arguments, no?

And it would be a good idea if you at least read the whole of my short post. I made it clear that I was making a point concerning her last sentence only, not the rest of the post.

icowden

Legendary Member
As a woman, and one who happens to be much more honest than you, I happen to know that while trend is true, that women are less likely to be arrested than men for reasons other than being less violent.
Ah well as long as you know things that's OK. Let's not bother with any evidence or statistics to back that up.
Men are much less likely to report violence against them committed by women for one thing, and the police are much less likely to arrest women for violence.
which has nothing to do with the conversation.
In the case of street violence, the victims of violence by men is against other men, your figures do not reflect this.
Why should it?

The figures from the Met police seem still to be the most detailed available. Please don't say again that we should ignore London, as if the gender difference for violence is somehow much different to other parts of the country, because that is obvious nonsense.
Again, not sure what you are referring to as you have given no references.

icowden

Legendary Member
And it would be a good idea if you at least read the whole of my short post. I made it clear that I was making a point concerning her last sentence only, not the rest of the post.
Perhaps you only thought you made it clear? If it had been clear then perhaps I wouldn't have responded to you?

monkers

Legendary Member
Ah well as long as you know things that's OK. Let's not bother with any evidence or statistics to back that up.

I do know about the things that I've carefully researched and considered. The Met Police data is the evidence; it has been copied here before.

There are now two of you pretending that the evidence doesn't exist - that doesn't strike me as wise when the evidence has already been presented.

icowden

Legendary Member
I do know about the things that I've carefully researched and considered. The Met Police data is the evidence; it has been copied here before.

There are now two of you pretending that the evidence doesn't exist - that doesn't strike me as wise when the evidence has already been presented.
Link?

monkers

Legendary Member
Why should it?

Seriously? I'd have thought it obvious. If the claim is being made, as has been the case throughout this thread that trans women are a danger to women, then you need the data that shows it. Presenting data that shows men are violent to other men, is not data that shows that trans women are a danger to other women.

monkers

Legendary Member
Perhaps you only thought you made it clear? If it had been clear then perhaps I wouldn't have responded to you?

Deary me. Here's a copy of you quoting me saying it.

Just a word on this last sentence. This is something that has been pointed out to you before. That is, trawling the internet in order to find the odd exceptional case from some part of the world does not make the case of a precedence. Neither is it reasonable to use this to generate a stereotype of one particular group or community. Please do kindly listen to your own words.

monkers

Legendary Member
You cherry picked a specific category - youth crime amongst young women/teens in London in a specific year - in order to try to prove that women are as bad as men when it comes to overall violent crime. The national figures - and common sense - show that is not a true picture, either nationally or over decades.

I had said at that time, that I had been unable to find national figures and that the Met figures were the most detailed. If you have national figures to show that the London area has a much different picture to the rest of the country, then I'll genuinely be pleased to see them. If you are correct, then I'll happily concede the point. I'm much more interested in facts and truth than point scoring.

Top Bottom