Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
There were 3 rapes in my small town over the last 12 months. Nobody charged. Even if they are charged they won't go to court for another year.
Yes - this is the Dominic Raab effect. There's a thread elsewhere for that waste of space. A year is optimistic at the moment.

multitool

Pharaoh
Apologies to @theclaud for missing her out of my list of female contributors to the thread that you consistently try to belittle and silence.

Just spotted this absolute gem.

Yes, add theclaud to your " list of female contributors to the thread that you (ie. me) consistently try to belittle"

theclaud pretty much gave up early doors, as did wimjim, and it might be presumptuous of me, but my reading of their posts is that they made the same complaints as me, although far less bluntly.

,you can't even try to keep the discussion relevant to a limited and specific aspect of the situation without having your words twisted, opinions ascribed to you that you don't hold, having your own sex flamed, your arguments diverted into meaningless whataboutery. There's no point.

I didn't post the above, somebody else did, after I had made exactly the same points albeit less succinctly and less lucidly.

Honestly, if you only realised how ridiculous you are being. If you want to do battle, at least know your brief, and make the effort to read and understand the thread in its entirety. And you wonder why I don't take you seriously

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
And you wonder why I don't take you seriously

Seriously enough to take the time to respond in the same condescending way.

This is an unmoderated forum which will soon deteriorate even more than it has recently if the basic practice of attacking the argument rather than the person continues to be ignored.

multitool

Pharaoh
Is it, though?

There has to be some sort of integrity in discussion otherwise it will descend to rancour. Winjim summed it up with:

"keep the discussion relevant to a limited and specific aspect of the situation without having your words twisted, opinions ascribed to you that you don't hold, having your own sex flamed, your arguments diverted into meaningless whataboutery"

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Is it, though?

There has to be some sort of integrity in discussion otherwise it will descend to rancour. Winjim summed it up with:

"keep the discussion relevant to a limited and specific aspect of the situation without having your words twisted, opinions ascribed to you that you don't hold, having your own sex flamed, your arguments diverted into meaningless whataboutery"

We are all able to read the thread and see if this is being done without those directly involved giving us their subjective version of who is most at fault over the lack of integrity of the arguments.
Because I am responding to you does not mean that I have not seen a similar approach from other contributors to this increasingly polarised debate.

Mr Celine

One more time round the block? Who's in?

1674848956750.png

Top Bottom