Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's likely that national sporting bodies will take the international position into account when formulating policies. Half the problem has been lack of leadership on this issue and an unwillingness to be first to address it. Once the main bodies act, others feel able to follow.

As the football situation shows, a case by case approach doesn't work and leaving it to local teams or individual women to make a stand is completely unfair.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
They'll try calling ladies, cis-ladies next :laugh:

Never be sorry for this sad lot :okay:

The only people I've ever encountered who have a problem with the term "cisgender" is uh, people who are cisgender.

Not a term I care for, or use, but it's funny watching people like you get their panties in a bunch about it. Along with everything else which doesn't fit your Hetty Spaghetti view of the world.

It makes women a subset of their own sex. They aren't. Quite rightly, nobody would accept the idea of cisblack and transblack people.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It makes women a subset of their own sex. They aren't. Quite rightly, nobody would accept the idea of cisblack and transblack people.

It doesn't. It really doesn't.

I agree with you on rejecting those other terms. Rachel Dolezal proved what a mockery that was.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So all women are ciswomen? I'm confused. What's the point of adding CIS if it's the same as saying "women"? Just say "women".

All women are women. I've been pretty clear on my position about this from the start of this thread.

It doesn't. It really doesn't.

I agree with you on rejecting those other terms. Rachel Dolezal proved what a mockery that was.

I disagree, Andy. If there are ciswomen and transwomen, that's 2 subsets of Women. If 'transwomen', why not 'transblack'? Why can't Rachel Dolezal be transblack and Michelle Obama be cisblack? That makes just as much sense as actual women being termed 'cis'.

Tall women and short women are two subsets of women. Sometimes it is useful to be descriptive and sometimes it doesn’t matter.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I disagree, Andy. If there are ciswomen and transwomen, that's 2 subsets of Women. If 'transwomen', why not 'transblack'? Why can't Rachel Dolezal be transblack and Michelle Obama be cisblack? That makes just as much sense as actual women being termed 'cis'.

OK, I see where you're coming from and that's fair enough. As I've said, "cis" isn't a term I agree with, or use.

monkers

Legendary Member
Why? The point is that of course all women are different, but the muscle/mass ratio in men is far higher and testosterone much higher which means more aggression. This transwoman clearly should not be playing women's football, and it's absurd to argue otherwise.

Why? Because when you start making personal remarks about a person's family, you've probably gone too far. I'm not the voice of your conscience, but FWIW IMHO it looks skanky.

monkers

Legendary Member

Oh is this another of your immutable binaries? There are black people and non-black people? Or is it that black people are a subset of the human species where whites are dominant because you say so. Another fail.

icowden

Legendary Member
Why? Because when you start making personal remarks about a person's family, you've probably gone too far. I'm not the voice of your conscience, but FWIW IMHO it looks skanky.

I didn't make personal remarks about a person's family. AndyRM compared his daughter to the transwoman as an example. I refuted that.

monkers

Legendary Member
I didn't make personal remarks about a person's family. AndyRM compared his daughter to the transwoman as an example. I refuted that.

Previous wording deleted.

@AndyRM did not compare his daughter and niece to a trans woman. What he actually said was this ...

My daughter and niece are taller and stronger then their peers.

You decided to say something about 'brick shithouses'. I'll guess that's because of your opinion of trans women.

Last edited:
Top Bottom