Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Why? The point is that of course all women are different, but the muscle/mass ratio in men is far higher and testosterone much higher which means more aggression. This transwoman clearly should not be playing women's football, and it's absurd to argue otherwise.
That's something which appears to have been carried over from research on animals in the early part of the last century. With some effects being carried over to research in human males and females.
"Conclusions

Research on testosterone and human aggression has its roots in animal studies, some of which showed a straightforward causal link in animals, for example in the classic ablation-replacement studies using laboratory mice. Studies on humans followed from the 1970s onwards, when an overall weak association was found between testosterone and aggression, but no effect of long-term injections of testosterone in men."[/I]
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2352250X17300787

Is just one of many peer reviewed papers on the subject.

Ian H

Guru
Lady: a polite or formal way of referring to a woman.

Didn't know that being polite had been cancelled. Sorry.
Mostly condescending rather than polite.

monkers

Legendary Member
Why? The point is that of course all women are different, but the muscle/mass ratio in men is far higher and testosterone much higher which means more aggression. This transwoman clearly should not be playing women's football, and it's absurd to argue otherwise.

Well that's all very interesting, especially as from the flow of your reasoning we see that you are saying that trans women who have no gonads and therefore no testosterone will be less aggressive that cis women who do have testosterone.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well that's all very interesting, especially as from the flow of your reasoning we see that you are saying that trans women who have no gonads and therefore no testosterone
If you have had gonads the testosterone doesn't magically disappear, nor do the effects of that testosterone on muscle mass, bone density etc
will be less aggressive that cis women who do have testosterone.
It would actually be interesting and educational to see a study that effectively looked into how suppression of testosterone affects mood and aggression in transwomen.

icowden

Legendary Member

Maybe I'm just old enough to remember it being polite. Has Ascot renamed "Ladies Day" to "Women's Day" yet? Or would that still not be inclusive enough?

Anyway, apologies to any Ladies that I might have offended by being polite.

icowden

Legendary Member
Sorry, when I grew up it was common to refer to things like "Mens wear and Ladies wear". What a sad society we have become when every term that refers to a woman becomes a pejorative.

Then you all moan at JK Rowling when she suggests calling women "women" instead of menstruators. How many descriptive nouns do we need to ban before we can eradicate women entirely?

monkers

Legendary Member
monkers said:
Well that's all very interesting, especially as from the flow of your reasoning we see that you are saying that trans women who have no gonads and therefore no testosterone

That's it, cherry-pick half a sentence and pretend it means something other than the sentence actually said. At least you'll feel like a winner.

Other people however will notice and think you a tw@.

And just so you know ... trans women who have an genital reconstruction surgery do not have gonadal testosterone, and any other source of testosterone is overwhelmed by their hormone regime. Their testosterone levels are well below that of cis women.
How would I know? I've seen the blood test results of trans women.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
That's it, cherry-pick half a sentence and pretend it means something other than the sentence actually said. At least you'll feel like a winner.
Other people however will notice and think you a tw@.
Nope. No idea what you are talking about.

icowden

Legendary Member
Oh is this another of your immutable binaries? There are black people and non-black people? Or is it that black people are a subset of the human species where whites are dominant because you say so. Another fail.

Women is a group. Trans women, Cis Women are subsets of Woman based on the concept that people can change gender.
Humans are a group. Black humans, brown humans and white humans are subsets of human based on skin colour

Ian H

Guru
Maybe I'm just old enough to remember it being polite. Has Ascot renamed "Ladies Day" to "Women's Day" yet? Or would that still not be inclusive enough?

Anyway, apologies to any Ladies that I might have offended by being polite.
Gosh! You must be very old. I think most people make an allowance for old farts who can't move with the times.

Top Bottom